Reviewed by Fela Lewis (logo magazine)
Quite why Henry Collins took the name Shitmat is a mystery, but it raises a smile to counteract the frown that results when you peruse the tracklisting. Ten tracks, nine of which end in the word ‘Babylon’ raises expectations of one idea stretched painfully thin. It’s time to dispel illusions; one track, ‘Rough Babylon’ will do the trick. A manic, raga-driven drum ‘n’ bass excursion, the only discernible word is ‘Babylon’, the rest of it a kaleidoscopic mix of rimshots, screams and howls. Then Collins drops in a sample of the ‘Mastermind’ theme, a touch of The Stranglers ‘Golden Brown’ and tap-dances on the grave of Roni Size in hobnail boots. Tie yourself down, this stuff can induce epilepsy.
- Rudi Zygadlo - Great Western Laymen
- FaltyDL - Endeavour
- Ikonika - Dckhdbtch
- FaltyDL - Phreqaflex
- DJ Nate - Hatas Our Motivation
- Oriol - Night And Day
- Vex'd - Cloud Seed
- Terror Danjah - Power Grid E.P.
- Oriol - Coconut Coast
- Ital Tek - Moment In Blue E.P.
- Rossi B & Luca (feat. Killa P.) - E10 Riddim
- Starkey - Ear Drums And Black Holes
- The Internal Tulips - Mislead Into A Field By A Deformed Deer
- Starkey - Stars (feat. Anneka)
- Slugabed - Ultra Heat Treated E.P.
- Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises
- FaltyDL - Love Is A Liability
- Luke Vibert - We Hear You
- Boxcutter - Arecibo Message
- Shitmat - One Foot In The Rave
- Terror Danjah - Industry Standard Part 4
- Terror Danjah - Gremlinz (The Instrumentals 2003-2009)
- Burnkane - You Know
- Subeena Ft. Jamie Woon & Om'Mas Keith - Solidify