Mmale and Ffemale
Reviewed by John Bush (allmusic.com)
Fans of experimental techno may not have known what to expect from Joseph Fraioli's second Datach'i full-length. Four years separated it from his debut, We Are Always Well Thank You, and his style of chaotic, metallic drill'n'bass had nearly disappeared in the interim. Surprisingly, however, the Datach'i style of yore was still in full force for his first record on Mike Paradinas' Planet µ. "Ed's Head" and "Penvag," the first two tracks on Mmale and Ffemale, comprise a near-constant volley of digital drums and effects, all of them as though splattering on a wall directly in front of the listener. Close listening, however, reveals that Fraioli has improved his programming skills, wielding his sampler and processing elements with an easy grace and dexterity; "Evolving as One" finds him expanding into a world of digital composition reminiscent of historic sound sculptors Iannis Xenakis or Edgard Varèse.
- Rudi Zygadlo - Great Western Laymen
- FaltyDL - Endeavour
- Ikonika - Dckhdbtch
- FaltyDL - Phreqaflex
- DJ Nate - Hatas Our Motivation
- Oriol - Night And Day
- Vex'd - Cloud Seed
- Terror Danjah - Power Grid E.P.
- Oriol - Coconut Coast
- Ital Tek - Moment In Blue E.P.
- Rossi B & Luca (feat. Killa P.) - E10 Riddim
- Starkey - Ear Drums And Black Holes
- The Internal Tulips - Mislead Into A Field By A Deformed Deer
- Starkey - Stars (feat. Anneka)
- Slugabed - Ultra Heat Treated E.P.
- Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises
- FaltyDL - Love Is A Liability
- Luke Vibert - We Hear You
- Boxcutter - Arecibo Message
- Shitmat - One Foot In The Rave
- Terror Danjah - Industry Standard Part 4
- Terror Danjah - Gremlinz (The Instrumentals 2003-2009)
- Burnkane - You Know
- Subeena Ft. Jamie Woon & Om'Mas Keith - Solidify