Einstein-Rosen Bridge by Venetian Snares on Planet Mu
Reviewed by adam anonymous (drowned in sound)
It’s that time again. Three or four times a year, speakers quiver in anticipation. They’re prisoners waiting for their execution. It has returned, and there will be no let up. It is Canada’s bastard son, Venetian Snares.
‘Einstein-Rosen Bridge’ has all the expected pre-requisites - beats that tumble over each other in the fight to attain maximum volume, casually causing constant confusion as to whether all this is running at the correct RPM. There’s a head-warpingly battered sample about travelling through the space-time continuum – the single’s named after some black wormhole malarkey – hellish strips of white noise & bass, then it’s gone.
In the spirit of The Beatles’ ‘White Album’ and Metallica’s ‘Black Album’, this is taken from the just released, technically self-titled, new VSnares album, tremendously otherwise known as ‘The Chocolate Wheelchair Album’. Which should give a little insight.
For those of you who’ve created music before, this is all in 7/8 time, apparently. For the remainder, this is seriously out of step drum madness designed to make you dance, almost certainly violently, badly and embarrassingly. Either way, it’s more abnormal than, erm, well, a chocolate wheelchair.
- Various - The Cosmic Forces Of Mu
- Venetian Snares - Defluxion
- Venetian Snares & Speedranch - Making Orange Things
- Joseph Nothing - Dummy Variations
- Hrvatski - Swarm & Dither
- Mu Allstars - Criminal
- Hellfish & Producer - Constant Mutation (Mixed)
- Leafcutter John - Microcontact
- Nicole Elmer - Beef Bouilion
- Tim Tetlow - Beauty Walks A Razor's Edge
- Phthalocyanine - 25 Tracks Fer 1 Track
- Leafcutter John - Concourse E.E.P.
- Luke Vibert - '95-'99
- Jega - Geometry
- Capitol K - Roadeater E.P.
- Kid Spatula - Full Sunken Breaks
- Jega & Kid Spatula - Unity Gain / Hard Love
- Capitol K - Sounds Of The Empire
- Slag Boom Van Loon - So Soon
- Tusken Raiders - The Motorbike Track
- Slag Boom Van Loon - Slag Boom Van Loon
- Jega - Spectrum
- Horse Opera - 3 Cornered Room
- Capitol K - Island Row