Einstein-Rosen Bridge by Venetian Snares on Planet Mu
Reviewed by adam anonymous (drowned in sound)
It’s that time again. Three or four times a year, speakers quiver in anticipation. They’re prisoners waiting for their execution. It has returned, and there will be no let up. It is Canada’s bastard son, Venetian Snares.
‘Einstein-Rosen Bridge’ has all the expected pre-requisites - beats that tumble over each other in the fight to attain maximum volume, casually causing constant confusion as to whether all this is running at the correct RPM. There’s a head-warpingly battered sample about travelling through the space-time continuum – the single’s named after some black wormhole malarkey – hellish strips of white noise & bass, then it’s gone.
In the spirit of The Beatles’ ‘White Album’ and Metallica’s ‘Black Album’, this is taken from the just released, technically self-titled, new VSnares album, tremendously otherwise known as ‘The Chocolate Wheelchair Album’. Which should give a little insight.
For those of you who’ve created music before, this is all in 7/8 time, apparently. For the remainder, this is seriously out of step drum madness designed to make you dance, almost certainly violently, badly and embarrassingly. Either way, it’s more abnormal than, erm, well, a chocolate wheelchair.
- Shitmat - Shopliftin' Gabba
- Jansky Noise & Speedranch - Mi^grate
- µ-Ziq - Bilious Paths
- Lexaunculpt - The Blurring Of Trees
- Ambulance - The Curse Of Vale Do Lobo
- Venetian Snares - Winter In The Belly Of A Snake
- Electronic Music Composer - Suggested Surgery
- Local - They Are Local
- Leafcutter John - The Housebound Spirit
- Various - Children Of Mu
- Venetian Snares - Higgins Ultra Low Track Glue Funk Hits 1972-2006
- Joseph Nothing - Dreamland Idle Orchestra
- Nautilis - Are You An Axolotl
- DJ Hekla - Eruption 1970
- Nautilis - Sketches Vol.1
- Decal - 404 Not Found
- Luke Vibert - Homewerk
- Kettel - Tadley Management E.P.
- Hellfish - Meat Machine Broadcast System
- Dykehouse - Dynamic Obsolescence
- Tim Tetlow - Cyrenic
- Electric Company - Slow Food
- Venetian Snares - Songs About My Cats
- o9 - No Delay For Days