Einstein-Rosen Bridge by Venetian Snares on Planet Mu
Reviewed by adam anonymous (drowned in sound)
It’s that time again. Three or four times a year, speakers quiver in anticipation. They’re prisoners waiting for their execution. It has returned, and there will be no let up. It is Canada’s bastard son, Venetian Snares.
‘Einstein-Rosen Bridge’ has all the expected pre-requisites - beats that tumble over each other in the fight to attain maximum volume, casually causing constant confusion as to whether all this is running at the correct RPM. There’s a head-warpingly battered sample about travelling through the space-time continuum – the single’s named after some black wormhole malarkey – hellish strips of white noise & bass, then it’s gone.
In the spirit of The Beatles’ ‘White Album’ and Metallica’s ‘Black Album’, this is taken from the just released, technically self-titled, new VSnares album, tremendously otherwise known as ‘The Chocolate Wheelchair Album’. Which should give a little insight.
For those of you who’ve created music before, this is all in 7/8 time, apparently. For the remainder, this is seriously out of step drum madness designed to make you dance, almost certainly violently, badly and embarrassingly. Either way, it’s more abnormal than, erm, well, a chocolate wheelchair.
- The Doubtful Guest - Acid Sauna
- Barry Lynn - Balancing Lakes
- Tom Burbank - Famous First Words
- The Gasman - Audiogold
- Boxcutter - Glyphic
- Frog Pocket - Come On Primates Show Your Teeth!
- µ-Ziq - Duntisbourne Abbots Soulmate Devastation Technique
- Luke Vibert - Chicago,Detroit,Redruth
- - 2OO
- Luke Vibert - Mate Tron
- Syntheme - Vol.1
- Ra - Ev.Panic Redone
- Shitmat - Grooverider
- Neil Landstrumm - Restaurant Of Assassins
- Venetian Snares - Pink+Green
- MRK1 - Copyright Laws
- Milanese - Adapt
- Last Step - Last Step
- Distance - My Demons
- Julian Fane - Our New Quarters
- The Gasman - Love Collection
- Distance - Fallen (Vex'd Remix)
- FFF - The Feeling
- Distance - Traffic