Reviewed by Chris Bress (collective zine)
What a name. Shitmat doesn’t disappoint, fucking brutal ragga dancehall with some serious fucking noise and massive beats behind it (like The Bug). I lap this stuff up, its so good to dance to at parties or at a club, its dirty and filthier than fucking Akercocke. This new breed of fucking harsh ragga better keep going till it explodes and mutates cuz I love it.
shitmat: untitled 7"
Reviewed by ben perini (absorb.org)
for a genre that has been recently inundated with me too acts, why is it so easy to distinguish shitmat from all the trite wannabes? well, if done properly, assembling one of these mashups or audio fucks or whatever the fucks you wants to calls thems, which generally consist of digitally blended top-40 hits, familiar pop-culture samples, and complex drum programming, is not a simple gesture to perform. so for all the haters out there: shitmat's one of the artists
- DJ Diamond - Flight Muzik
- Machinedrum - Room(s)
- Pritch & Trim - Stereotype
- Tropics - Parodia Flare
- Anti-G - Presents 'Kentje'sz Beatsz'
- Various - Ghettoteknitianz E.P.
- Kuedo - Severant
- Chrissy Murderbot - Women's Studies
- Boxcutter - The Dissolve
- NastyNasty - No Names
- FaltyDL - You Stand Uncertain
- Chrissy Murderbot - Bussin Down
- Boxcutter - Allele
- - Bangs & Works Vol.1
- DJ Roc - The Crack Capone
- Solar Bears - She Was Coloured In
- Various - 14 Tracks From Planet Mu
- DJ Spinn - Man I Do It EP
- DJ Rashad - Itz Not Rite
- Numan - Race Against Time
- Ital Tek - Midnight Colour
- DJ Nate - Da Trak Genious
- Tropics - Soft Vision E.P.
- Mrs Jynx - Shark Carousel