Reviewed by anil bawa (absorb.org)
"with public-sector housing largely discontinued, and much of it now in private hands, it may be that the city's creative potential will diminish, as artists, musicians and others are gradually displaced by members of wealthier but more time-pressured groups"
"globalisation, rather than neutralising the significance of place, seems to accentuate its value"
patrick keiller, the independent, may 9, 2002.
"canetti notes that in a
Intriguing third album from London-based acousmatic composer John Burton
Reviewed by Shlom (Boomkat)
‘The Housebound Spirit’ is a startling, highly original piece of work that brings to fruition an evidently long thought out exploration of microscopic sounds, electro-accoustic tradition and a study of the intricacy of percussion and track construction. Bringing to mind a wide and varied host of originators, the 15 tracks on board veer from the concrete manipulations of “Electric Love” (featuring screams provided by Bit_Meddler, Venetian
- Shitmat - Shopliftin' Gabba
- Jansky Noise & Speedranch - Mi^grate
- µ-Ziq - Bilious Paths
- Lexaunculpt - The Blurring Of Trees
- Ambulance - The Curse Of Vale Do Lobo
- Venetian Snares - Winter In The Belly Of A Snake
- Electronic Music Composer - Suggested Surgery
- Local - They Are Local
- Leafcutter John - The Housebound Spirit
- Various - Children Of Mu
- Venetian Snares - Higgins Ultra Low Track Glue Funk Hits 1972-2006
- Joseph Nothing - Dreamland Idle Orchestra
- Nautilis - Are You An Axolotl
- DJ Hekla - Eruption 1970
- Nautilis - Sketches Vol.1
- Decal - 404 Not Found
- Luke Vibert - Homewerk
- Kettel - Tadley Management E.P.
- Hellfish - Meat Machine Broadcast System
- Dykehouse - Dynamic Obsolescence
- Tim Tetlow - Cyrenic
- Electric Company - Slow Food
- Venetian Snares - Songs About My Cats
- o9 - No Delay For Days