Reviewed by anil bawa (absorb.org)
"with public-sector housing largely discontinued, and much of it now in private hands, it may be that the city's creative potential will diminish, as artists, musicians and others are gradually displaced by members of wealthier but more time-pressured groups"
"globalisation, rather than neutralising the significance of place, seems to accentuate its value"
patrick keiller, the independent, may 9, 2002.
"canetti notes that in a
Intriguing third album from London-based acousmatic composer John Burton
Reviewed by Shlom (Boomkat)
‘The Housebound Spirit’ is a startling, highly original piece of work that brings to fruition an evidently long thought out exploration of microscopic sounds, electro-accoustic tradition and a study of the intricacy of percussion and track construction. Bringing to mind a wide and varied host of originators, the 15 tracks on board veer from the concrete manipulations of “Electric Love” (featuring screams provided by Bit_Meddler, Venetian
- Darqwan - M/a...ximum Reespek
- iTAL tEK - Blood Line
- Ceephax - Megalift E.P.
- The Doubtful Guest - Electrobotz
- Milanese - Extend
- Pinch - Punisher
- Mary Anne Hobbs - Warrior Dubz
- Tim Exile - Tim Exile's Nuisance Gabbaret Lounge
- Venetian Snares - Cavalcade Of Glee And Dadaist Happy Hardcore Pom Poms
- Boxcutter - Oneiric
- Boxcutter - Tauhid
- Uniform - Protocol
- Shitmat & Friends - Gary's Gruesome Remixes
- Guilty Connector - Beats, Noise & Life
- The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble - The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble
- Venetian Snares - Hospitality
- The Gasman - This One's For You
- Breakage - Drowning
- Equinox - Acid Rain V.I.P.
- Pinch - Qawwali
- Virus Syndicate - Ready To Learn
- Virus Syndicate - Ready To Learn Remix
- Vex'd - Bombardment Of Saturn
- µ-Ziq - Ease Up