Reviewed by anil bawa (absorb.org)
"with public-sector housing largely discontinued, and much of it now in private hands, it may be that the city's creative potential will diminish, as artists, musicians and others are gradually displaced by members of wealthier but more time-pressured groups"
"globalisation, rather than neutralising the significance of place, seems to accentuate its value"
patrick keiller, the independent, may 9, 2002.
"canetti notes that in a
Intriguing third album from London-based acousmatic composer John Burton
Reviewed by Shlom (Boomkat)
‘The Housebound Spirit’ is a startling, highly original piece of work that brings to fruition an evidently long thought out exploration of microscopic sounds, electro-accoustic tradition and a study of the intricacy of percussion and track construction. Bringing to mind a wide and varied host of originators, the 15 tracks on board veer from the concrete manipulations of “Electric Love” (featuring screams provided by Bit_Meddler, Venetian
- The Doubtful Guest - Acid Sauna
- Barry Lynn - Balancing Lakes
- Tom Burbank - Famous First Words
- The Gasman - Audiogold
- Boxcutter - Glyphic
- Frog Pocket - Come On Primates Show Your Teeth!
- µ-Ziq - Duntisbourne Abbots Soulmate Devastation Technique
- Luke Vibert - Chicago,Detroit,Redruth
- Various - 2OO
- Luke Vibert - Mate Tron
- Syntheme - Vol.1
- Ra - Ev.Panic Redone
- Shitmat - Grooverider
- Neil Landstrumm - Restaurant Of Assassins
- Venetian Snares - Pink+Green
- MRK1 - Copyright Laws
- Milanese - Adapt
- Last Step - Last Step
- Distance - My Demons
- Julian Fane - Our New Quarters
- The Gasman - Love Collection
- Distance - Fallen (Vex'd Remix)
- FFF - The Feeling
- Distance - Traffic