Reviewed by anil bawa (absorb.org)
"with public-sector housing largely discontinued, and much of it now in private hands, it may be that the city's creative potential will diminish, as artists, musicians and others are gradually displaced by members of wealthier but more time-pressured groups"
"globalisation, rather than neutralising the significance of place, seems to accentuate its value"
patrick keiller, the independent, may 9, 2002.
"canetti notes that in a
Intriguing third album from London-based acousmatic composer John Burton
Reviewed by Shlom (Boomkat)
‘The Housebound Spirit’ is a startling, highly original piece of work that brings to fruition an evidently long thought out exploration of microscopic sounds, electro-accoustic tradition and a study of the intricacy of percussion and track construction. Bringing to mind a wide and varied host of originators, the 15 tracks on board veer from the concrete manipulations of “Electric Love” (featuring screams provided by Bit_Meddler, Venetian
- Eskmo - Let Them Sing
- Ikonika - Smuck
- Geiom & Shortstuff - No Hand Signals
- Starkey - OK Luv
- Raffertie - 7th Dimension
- Ceephax Acid Crew - United Acid Emirates
- Kuedo - Dream Sequence E.P.
- Starkey - Ephemeral Exhibits
- Neil Landstrumm - Lord For £39
- Distance - Repercussions
- Last Step - 1961
- Mrs Jynx - The Standoffish Cat
- Venetian Snares - My Downfall (Original Soundtrack)
- Meat Beat Manifesto - Autoimmune
- iTAL tEK - Cyclical
- Mary Anne Hobbs - Evangeline
- Venetian Snares - Miss Balaton
- Various Production & Virus Syndicate - Apollo/Neva Argue
- Sunken Foal - Fermented Condiments
- Sunken Foal - Fallen Arches
- Venetian Snares - Detrimentalist
- The Gasman - Superlife
- Eero Johannes - Eero Johannes
- Virus Syndicate - Sick Pay