Possibly indicating a sea-change in the world of electronica, the spastic beats and off-beat vocals on Patrick Wolf's "A Boy Like Me", and Leafcutter John's pedal-steel guitar and harmonica lament "In A House or A Soul" sound a lot fresher and more of-the-moment than the more IDM based tracks on this compilation. Although there a some other great moments - Chevron's "Swimmin Lessons" is a great dislocated electro-tinged breakcore ragga track, with ghostly, reverbed vocal harmonies adding an other-worldly feeling to the beats, and Shitmat brings a welcome amount of humour to the selection in "Shopliftin Gabba".
On the other side of the coin, 000's "3 Points" sounds like the worst excesses of Ninja Tune with more distortion, and Electronic Music Composer and Nautilus retread the already well-trodden Aphex circa 1997 sound. But overall this is a pretty good, and varied compilation.
- Rudi Zygadlo - Great Western Laymen
- FaltyDL - Endeavour
- Ikonika - Dckhdbtch
- FaltyDL - Phreqaflex
- DJ Nate - Hatas Our Motivation
- Oriol - Night And Day
- Vex'd - Cloud Seed
- Terror Danjah - Power Grid E.P.
- Oriol - Coconut Coast
- Ital Tek - Moment In Blue E.P.
- Rossi B & Luca (feat. Killa P.) - E10 Riddim
- Starkey - Ear Drums And Black Holes
- The Internal Tulips - Mislead Into A Field By A Deformed Deer
- Starkey - Stars (feat. Anneka)
- Slugabed - Ultra Heat Treated E.P.
- Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises
- FaltyDL - Love Is A Liability
- Luke Vibert - We Hear You
- Boxcutter - Arecibo Message
- Shitmat - One Foot In The Rave
- Terror Danjah - Industry Standard Part 4
- Terror Danjah - Gremlinz (The Instrumentals 2003-2009)
- Burnkane - You Know
- Subeena Ft. Jamie Woon & Om'Mas Keith - Solidify