Reviewed by Paul Lloyd (universalsource.co.uk)
Formerly half of Rom=Pari with his brother Age, Tatsuya Yoshida started recording his own material in 1999, signing to Planet Mu soon afterwards. Following his acclaimed Dummy Variations album, Yoshida releases his second album for Planet Mu. Dreamland Idle Orchestra is a fond tribute to an old fashioned and now deserted theme park named Dreamland close to Yoshida's home in Japan.
Once again Yoshida skilfully melds styles from different ends of
Here's a creative force that happily can't be pinned down. The various work I've heard is all different; all bold in it's own way. I may have put this on the list for it's title alone! A title that is perfectly descriptive. Dreamtime - soaring, pensive melody abounds. Idle - it all sounds it's for the joy of music alone. Orchestra - That one person can accomplish such a wide range of sounds and arrangements is impressive. Excuse me using the term, but this is some of the best IDM I've heard in a while.
Reviewed by Tim diGravina (all music guide)
Tatsuya Yoshida's ode to a Japanese theme park is a delightful masterpiece. Yoshida constantly shifts from genre to genre, employing a mind-bending number of musical styles and hybrids. Symphonic strings, optimistic electronic tones, synthetic singing saws, fractured feedback, live-wire drums, and madcap lo-fi beeps and beats are the primary ingredients. It's what Yoshida does with these ingredients that makes his music so magical. The bubbly punch of
Reviewed by sheikh ahmed (absorb.org)
ok, please don't do what we did and let this one pass you by. you just don't understand how difficult it is sometimes. running a (non-profit making) site such as this whilst juggling married life and a 'proper' job means that some records just don't get listened to until well after their release date. we try our best, but sometimes it just doesn't happen. what i can't figure out is how it happened to this one, i mean it's out on planet mu (a label
- Various - The Cosmic Forces Of Mu
- Venetian Snares - Defluxion
- Venetian Snares & Speedranch - Making Orange Things
- Joseph Nothing - Dummy Variations
- Hrvatski - Swarm & Dither
- Mu Allstars - Criminal
- Hellfish & Producer - Constant Mutation (Mixed)
- Leafcutter John - Microcontact
- Nicole Elmer - Beef Bouilion
- Tim Tetlow - Beauty Walks A Razor's Edge
- Phthalocyanine - 25 Tracks Fer 1 Track
- Leafcutter John - Concourse E.E.P.
- Luke Vibert - '95-'99
- Jega - Geometry
- Capitol K - Roadeater E.P.
- Kid Spatula - Full Sunken Breaks
- Jega & Kid Spatula - Unity Gain / Hard Love
- Capitol K - Sounds Of The Empire
- Slag Boom Van Loon - So Soon
- Tusken Raiders - The Motorbike Track
- Slag Boom Van Loon - Slag Boom Van Loon
- Jega - Spectrum
- Horse Opera - 3 Cornered Room
- Capitol K - Island Row