Reviewed by Found Sounds (DJ magazine)
(Leftfield & Chill single of the issue 4-17 May)
Some quality releases from Paradinas' Mu label at the moment, what with the excellent Nautilis album and the current guitar-led Weaver single. Adding weight to the cause, Hekla also gets involved, contributing a cut-up led seven that pays tribute to the hottest drummers from the funk era ("Eruption 1970") in a manic collage of breaks under an undulating soundscape. An equally tempting
dj hekla: untitled 7"
Reviewed by sheikh ahmed (absorb.org)
dj hekla is the smart acronym for hrvatski, the planet mu accomplice who recently turned heads with his excellent 'swarm & dither' lp. this 7" preceeded that and showcases a completly different side to this palette. 'eruption 1970' is schizophrenic h-. really fast and atmospheric like; flipped beats that always morph into different break styles, while organ chords hang over the air. builds up to an intense crescendo before falling apart in a fragment of guitar chords. highly original and well worth rifling through record store racks to seek out.
- Various - The Cosmic Forces Of Mu
- Venetian Snares - Defluxion
- Venetian Snares & Speedranch - Making Orange Things
- Joseph Nothing - Dummy Variations
- Hrvatski - Swarm & Dither
- Mu Allstars - Criminal
- Hellfish & Producer - Constant Mutation (Mixed)
- Leafcutter John - Microcontact
- Nicole Elmer - Beef Bouilion
- Tim Tetlow - Beauty Walks A Razor's Edge
- Phthalocyanine - 25 Tracks Fer 1 Track
- Leafcutter John - Concourse E.E.P.
- Luke Vibert - '95-'99
- Jega - Geometry
- Capitol K - Roadeater E.P.
- Kid Spatula - Full Sunken Breaks
- Jega & Kid Spatula - Unity Gain / Hard Love
- Capitol K - Sounds Of The Empire
- Slag Boom Van Loon - So Soon
- Tusken Raiders - The Motorbike Track
- Slag Boom Van Loon - Slag Boom Van Loon
- Jega - Spectrum
- Horse Opera - 3 Cornered Room
- Capitol K - Island Row