nautilis: untitled 7"
Reviewed by sheikh ahmed (absorb.org)
another impeccable release in the planet mu series of 7". we thought nautilis had an amazing 2002 by releasing some of our favourite music then. this came before all that and it's interesting to hear the progression he's made. 'marufo' bizarrely breaks open with a sample from missy elliot before settling into a groove that moves from the rough to the smooth with easy abandon. his skill is in fusing well crafted compositions based around melody against totally insane percussion; like the two were created seperately. for those new to nautilis, we suggest maybe sticking to the albums, but this is still essential for everyone else.
- Darqwan - M/a...ximum Reespek
- iTAL tEK - Blood Line
- Ceephax - Megalift E.P.
- The Doubtful Guest - Electrobotz
- Milanese - Extend
- Pinch - Punisher
- Mary Anne Hobbs - Warrior Dubz
- Tim Exile - Tim Exile's Nuisance Gabbaret Lounge
- Venetian Snares - Cavalcade Of Glee And Dadaist Happy Hardcore Pom Poms
- Boxcutter - Oneiric
- Boxcutter - Tauhid
- Uniform - Protocol
- Shitmat & Friends - Gary's Gruesome Remixes
- Guilty Connector - Beats, Noise & Life
- The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble - The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble
- Venetian Snares - Hospitality
- The Gasman - This One's For You
- Breakage - Drowning
- Equinox - Acid Rain V.I.P.
- Pinch - Qawwali
- Virus Syndicate - Ready To Learn
- Virus Syndicate - Ready To Learn Remix
- Vex'd - Bombardment Of Saturn
- µ-Ziq - Ease Up