Reviewed by sheikh ahmed (absorb.org)
the process by which i select records to review is based entirely on chance. just simply pick six at random from the pile sitting in the corner next to the kitchen entrance and listen to them over a period of a day or so, before applying words. but occasionally i'll pick something and then look a bit lost as i realise that this has been sitting here for a while.
kettel's 'tadley management ep' is one such record. originally released in 2001 for gods sake, this was probably cutting, no, bleeding-edge at the time. but now? well it still has value. crunchy, glitchy, warm and funky in equal amounts, head for the delightful 'buxom berceuse' for the instant gratification.
- Darqwan - M/a...ximum Reespek
- iTAL tEK - Blood Line
- Ceephax - Megalift E.P.
- The Doubtful Guest - Electrobotz
- Milanese - Extend
- Pinch - Punisher
- Mary Anne Hobbs - Warrior Dubz
- Tim Exile - Tim Exile's Nuisance Gabbaret Lounge
- Venetian Snares - Cavalcade Of Glee And Dadaist Happy Hardcore Pom Poms
- Boxcutter - Oneiric
- Boxcutter - Tauhid
- Uniform - Protocol
- Shitmat & Friends - Gary's Gruesome Remixes
- Guilty Connector - Beats, Noise & Life
- The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble - The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble
- Venetian Snares - Hospitality
- The Gasman - This One's For You
- Breakage - Drowning
- Equinox - Acid Rain V.I.P.
- Pinch - Qawwali
- Virus Syndicate - Ready To Learn
- Virus Syndicate - Ready To Learn Remix
- Vex'd - Bombardment Of Saturn
- µ-Ziq - Ease Up