Reviewed by Kingsley Marshall (all music guide)
As drum'n'bass took itself ever more seriously, so the likes of Hellfish and his brethren have thrived with a crazed, steroid-pumped vision of breakbeat punk. This second album of chaos for Mike Paradinas' imprint is a jackboot-wearing stomp through pile-driving beats, razor-wire basslines, skull-crunching feedback, and unforgiving sampling of vast tracts of hip-hop. The titles alone belie the material's subversiveness, with "Guerrillas on the Piss" and "Dangerous Turd" both matching Kid 606's "Like Vibert Can Kiss My Indie-Punk Ass" in their muso-upsetting and youth-delighting ridiculousness. Persons of a nervous disposition are best leaving this album on the shelf, but for those seeking a white-knuckle ride through electronic terror, it doesn't get much better than this gabba frenzy.
- Rudi Zygadlo - Great Western Laymen
- FaltyDL - Endeavour
- Ikonika - Dckhdbtch
- FaltyDL - Phreqaflex
- DJ Nate - Hatas Our Motivation
- Oriol - Night And Day
- Vex'd - Cloud Seed
- Terror Danjah - Power Grid E.P.
- Oriol - Coconut Coast
- Ital Tek - Moment In Blue E.P.
- Rossi B & Luca (feat. Killa P.) - E10 Riddim
- Starkey - Ear Drums And Black Holes
- The Internal Tulips - Mislead Into A Field By A Deformed Deer
- Starkey - Stars (feat. Anneka)
- Slugabed - Ultra Heat Treated E.P.
- Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises
- FaltyDL - Love Is A Liability
- Luke Vibert - We Hear You
- Boxcutter - Arecibo Message
- Shitmat - One Foot In The Rave
- Terror Danjah - Industry Standard Part 4
- Terror Danjah - Gremlinz (The Instrumentals 2003-2009)
- Burnkane - You Know
- Subeena Ft. Jamie Woon & Om'Mas Keith - Solidify