From long-time composer Mike Dykehouse, comes this unexpected collection of unbelievably good music that has been gathering dust in his home from as early as 1996.
This is quite a catch, I told to myself when I purchased this record (or rather ran to the cashier after hearing 2 tracks and running home so that I could listen to it). Like most people, I didn't know anything about Dykehouse except that he was on Planet Mu. I have to say that this is one of the few really satisfying electronic records I have owned to this day. The range of sounds and production is incredible, with nods to electro-pop and IDM, and also reminds you of electroclash productions getting released these days, but never really settles down to a particular style, which is just great. Compiled by Mike Paradinas (Planet Mu's own µ-Ziq), who really deserves credit for assembling such a landmark electronic album, it spans the work of Mike Dykehouse from 1996 to 2001 and this is probably what makes it so good, because of the amount of good, brilliant material from which it was selected. Seriously, this record will be a precious one for everyone who will own it. The question is now, will we see more Dykehouse in the future? I surely hope so
- Rudi Zygadlo - Great Western Laymen
- FaltyDL - Endeavour
- Ikonika - Dckhdbtch
- FaltyDL - Phreqaflex
- DJ Nate - Hatas Our Motivation
- Oriol - Night And Day
- Vex'd - Cloud Seed
- Terror Danjah - Power Grid E.P.
- Oriol - Coconut Coast
- Ital Tek - Moment In Blue E.P.
- Rossi B & Luca (feat. Killa P.) - E10 Riddim
- Starkey - Ear Drums And Black Holes
- The Internal Tulips - Mislead Into A Field By A Deformed Deer
- Starkey - Stars (feat. Anneka)
- Slugabed - Ultra Heat Treated E.P.
- Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises
- FaltyDL - Love Is A Liability
- Luke Vibert - We Hear You
- Boxcutter - Arecibo Message
- Shitmat - One Foot In The Rave
- Terror Danjah - Industry Standard Part 4
- Terror Danjah - Gremlinz (The Instrumentals 2003-2009)
- Burnkane - You Know
- Subeena Ft. Jamie Woon & Om'Mas Keith - Solidify