this release is a part of 7" series on planet-mu. both tracks are very different and I guess they present two sides of tim tetlow.
side a starts with "cyrenic" - beautiful simple track dominated by keyboard melodies. it is simple and charming. side b is "and god created manchester" - catchy analog melody, playful key sequences and most important, all kinds of unexpectedly crunchy and energetic percussion snapping and rattling away. those two tracks combined present the essence of tim tetlow – intricate idm and always deep, always beautiful analog melodies.
altogether this is a very short, but very pleasant little release. anyone that already has his phenomenal "beauty walks a razors edge" should definitely pick this one up.
- Shitmat - Shopliftin' Gabba
- Jansky Noise & Speedranch - Mi^grate
- µ-Ziq - Bilious Paths
- Lexaunculpt - The Blurring Of Trees
- Ambulance - The Curse Of Vale Do Lobo
- Venetian Snares - Winter In The Belly Of A Snake
- Electronic Music Composer - Suggested Surgery
- Local - They Are Local
- Leafcutter John - The Housebound Spirit
- Various - Children Of Mu
- Venetian Snares - Higgins Ultra Low Track Glue Funk Hits 1972-2006
- Joseph Nothing - Dreamland Idle Orchestra
- Nautilis - Are You An Axolotl
- DJ Hekla - Eruption 1970
- Nautilis - Sketches Vol.1
- Decal - 404 Not Found
- Luke Vibert - Homewerk
- Kettel - Tadley Management E.P.
- Hellfish - Meat Machine Broadcast System
- Dykehouse - Dynamic Obsolescence
- Tim Tetlow - Cyrenic
- Electric Company - Slow Food
- Venetian Snares - Songs About My Cats
- o9 - No Delay For Days