Reviewed by MR (Overload Media)
Being the latest of one Tatsuya Joseph Yoshida, he of the previous incarnation on Sub Rosa as Rom=Pari. The press release states that Joseph's strengths are creating "memorable melodic hooklines which evoke childhood". What this means is that these tracks, although undeniably inventive to these ears, come across as twee and noodling most of the time. Too cute for their own good, Joseph Nothing's Dummy Variations are an insanely catchy and incredibly
Joseph Nothing's debut album for Planet Mu Records (www.planet-mu.com) is surely the best release thus far from U-Ziq's hard-hitting leftfield label.
From the opening track 'A Shine On Your Head', a fast-moving melody driven track that wouldn't sound out of place on U-Ziq's 'Brace Yourself' CD or Aphex Twin's 'Richard D James Album', you just know you're in for an 'intelligent dance music' treat.
The album doesn't disappoint either, apart
- Darqwan - M/a...ximum Reespek
- iTAL tEK - Blood Line
- Ceephax - Megalift E.P.
- The Doubtful Guest - Electrobotz
- Milanese - Extend
- Pinch - Punisher
- Mary Anne Hobbs - Warrior Dubz
- Tim Exile - Tim Exile's Nuisance Gabbaret Lounge
- Venetian Snares - Cavalcade Of Glee And Dadaist Happy Hardcore Pom Poms
- Boxcutter - Oneiric
- Boxcutter - Tauhid
- Uniform - Protocol
- Shitmat & Friends - Gary's Gruesome Remixes
- Guilty Connector - Beats, Noise & Life
- The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble - The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble
- Venetian Snares - Hospitality
- The Gasman - This One's For You
- Breakage - Drowning
- Equinox - Acid Rain V.I.P.
- Pinch - Qawwali
- Virus Syndicate - Ready To Learn
- Virus Syndicate - Ready To Learn Remix
- Vex'd - Bombardment Of Saturn
- µ-Ziq - Ease Up