Reviewed by Paul Lloyd (Grooves mag)
"Criminal" is a 6-track EP of various artists from the Planet Mu camp (some under pseudonyms) reworking famous pop tunes in their own unique style. The artists contributing are Mu-Ziq, Luke Vibert, Leafcutter John, Hellfish and Bit_Meddler.
Rude Ass Tinkler (Mu-Ziq) is first up with a sliced and diced version of MC Hammer's "Can't Touch This". Next is Butler Kiev (Luke Vibert) mixing Cylob's "Rewind" with Artful Dodger's "Re-Rewind" to great effect. Leafcutter
Reviewed by David Day (Boston's Weekly Dig)
Originally a promotional 12”, Criminal (On Mu-Ziq’s Planet-m) threw the staff into hysterics when we spun it at Other Music. You see, the first track remixes MC Hammer’s “U Can’t Touch This.” But “remix” is not right. Rude-Ass Tinker compresses, destroys and re-creates the Gulf War anthem. It blows so up, all stretched and fucked, that I get the shakes when I hear it. Criminal sets down the manifesto for the new Planet-m, and it’s all Sinecore
- DJ Diamond - Flight Muzik
- Machinedrum - Room(s)
- Pritch & Trim - Stereotype
- Tropics - Parodia Flare
- Anti-G - Presents 'Kentje'sz Beatsz'
- Various - Ghettoteknitianz E.P.
- Kuedo - Severant
- Chrissy Murderbot - Women's Studies
- Boxcutter - The Dissolve
- NastyNasty - No Names
- FaltyDL - You Stand Uncertain
- Chrissy Murderbot - Bussin Down
- Boxcutter - Allele
- - Bangs & Works Vol.1
- DJ Roc - The Crack Capone
- Solar Bears - She Was Coloured In
- Various - 14 Tracks From Planet Mu
- DJ Spinn - Man I Do It EP
- DJ Rashad - Itz Not Rite
- Numan - Race Against Time
- Ital Tek - Midnight Colour
- DJ Nate - Da Trak Genious
- Tropics - Soft Vision E.P.
- Mrs Jynx - Shark Carousel