Reviewed by Paul Lloyd (Igloomag.com)
Phtalocyanine have previously released a CD and 2 EPs on the US label of the same name (known simply as Phthalo) between 1997 and 1998. "25
Tracks Fer 1 Track" is their debut release for Planet Mu.
This album is based around a barrage of digital beats underpinned with shuffling clanging metallic digital beats. It is not really noise but crafted layers of dark digital mayhem, some of which are manic, abstract and frantic and others that throb, scrape and pulsate in the background. There is a lot of distortion and effects used throughout.
An interesting album with considerably deranged abstract tendencies. If abstraction and digital chaos is your thing, you'll love this.
- The Doubtful Guest - Acid Sauna
- Barry Lynn - Balancing Lakes
- Tom Burbank - Famous First Words
- The Gasman - Audiogold
- Boxcutter - Glyphic
- Frog Pocket - Come On Primates Show Your Teeth!
- µ-Ziq - Duntisbourne Abbots Soulmate Devastation Technique
- Luke Vibert - Chicago,Detroit,Redruth
- Various - 2OO
- Luke Vibert - Mate Tron
- Syntheme - Vol.1
- Ra - Ev.Panic Redone
- Shitmat - Grooverider
- Neil Landstrumm - Restaurant Of Assassins
- Venetian Snares - Pink+Green
- MRK1 - Copyright Laws
- Milanese - Adapt
- Last Step - Last Step
- Distance - My Demons
- Julian Fane - Our New Quarters
- The Gasman - Love Collection
- Distance - Fallen (Vex'd Remix)
- FFF - The Feeling
- Distance - Traffic