Reviewed by Paul Lloyd (Igloomag.com)
Phtalocyanine have previously released a CD and 2 EPs on the US label of the same name (known simply as Phthalo) between 1997 and 1998. "25
Tracks Fer 1 Track" is their debut release for Planet Mu.
This album is based around a barrage of digital beats underpinned with shuffling clanging metallic digital beats. It is not really noise but crafted layers of dark digital mayhem, some of which are manic, abstract and frantic and others that throb, scrape and pulsate in the background. There is a lot of distortion and effects used throughout.
An interesting album with considerably deranged abstract tendencies. If abstraction and digital chaos is your thing, you'll love this.
- Eskmo - Let Them Sing
- Ikonika - Smuck
- Geiom & Shortstuff - No Hand Signals
- Starkey - OK Luv
- Raffertie - 7th Dimension
- Ceephax Acid Crew - United Acid Emirates
- Kuedo - Dream Sequence E.P.
- Starkey - Ephemeral Exhibits
- Neil Landstrumm - Lord For £39
- Distance - Repercussions
- Last Step - 1961
- Mrs Jynx - The Standoffish Cat
- Venetian Snares - My Downfall (Original Soundtrack)
- Meat Beat Manifesto - Autoimmune
- iTAL tEK - Cyclical
- Mary Anne Hobbs - Evangeline
- Venetian Snares - Miss Balaton
- Various Production & Virus Syndicate - Apollo/Neva Argue
- Sunken Foal - Fermented Condiments
- Sunken Foal - Fallen Arches
- Venetian Snares - Detrimentalist
- The Gasman - Superlife
- Eero Johannes - Eero Johannes
- Virus Syndicate - Sick Pay