Reviewed by Igloo
Much anticipated first album from Distance, and it's probably the darkest product coming out from the dubstep suburbs. Allegedly, Distance has his musical roots deep down in metal instead of dub and jungle like the others players from the scene, and you can distinctly hear this influence throughout My Demons.
The drums (on My Demons) are very organic, there are no synthetic beats, they don't give the usual drum-machine feeling, and the basslines are
Reviewed by Almost Cool Music Reviews
Julian Fane's debut album Special Forces was one of those releases from a young artist that had just enough high points to really make it stick and out make you wonder what he would do next. With a nice mixture of electronic textural elements and programming alongside more organic guitars and occasional falsetto vocals, it was a deconstructed ambient pop album that really shone in places.
Our New Quarters is the second album from Fane and finds him
Reviewed by One week to live
The mysterious Canadian producer known as Last Step drops his debut album. You might have caught his "You're A Nice Girl" EP or even heard his vintage disco-leaning electronica on the Planet Mu "Sacred Symbols Of Mu" compilation but if not, don't worry, pick this up and you'll get the whole EP as part of "Last Step". All the tracks on this album were made using original analogue equipment including the Roland 303, 606 and 707 and I'm guessing
Reviewed by Plan B
Much like his prior output, Christopher Reeves' particular brand of chugging, frenetic wrongbeat is here firmly entrenched in the mode of the nineties post-'Artificial Intelligence' halcyon days, when the first IDM pantheon really started to play silly buggers with time signatures, BPM's and the like. Given the grey uniformity of much current electronica, this is no bad thing.
- Various - The Cosmic Forces Of Mu
- Venetian Snares - Defluxion
- Venetian Snares & Speedranch - Making Orange Things
- Joseph Nothing - Dummy Variations
- Hrvatski - Swarm & Dither
- Mu Allstars - Criminal
- Hellfish & Producer - Constant Mutation (Mixed)
- Leafcutter John - Microcontact
- Nicole Elmer - Beef Bouilion
- Tim Tetlow - Beauty Walks A Razor's Edge
- Phthalocyanine - 25 Tracks Fer 1 Track
- Leafcutter John - Concourse E.E.P.
- Luke Vibert - '95-'99
- Jega - Geometry
- Capitol K - Roadeater E.P.
- Kid Spatula - Full Sunken Breaks
- Jega & Kid Spatula - Unity Gain / Hard Love
- Capitol K - Sounds Of The Empire
- Slag Boom Van Loon - So Soon
- Tusken Raiders - The Motorbike Track
- Slag Boom Van Loon - Slag Boom Van Loon
- Jega - Spectrum
- Horse Opera - 3 Cornered Room
- Capitol K - Island Row