Kuedo – Severant [Review]
Reviewed by Unknown Source: (Kickoutthejam)
s one half of Vex’d (alongside Roly Porter), Jamie Teasdale was responsible for two outstanding LPs of truly groundbreaking Dubstep. Their creations together tipped the Dubstep world upside down, raising the mark for every aspiring producer to follow them. Now he’s launching his solo material under the Kuedo alias to see if he can do the same thing to whatever the hell scene we’re in now.
Having said that, it should be noted that there do
Kuedo “Severant” (Planet Mu)
Reviewed by KARIM VICKERY Source: (Halcyon)
As half of the London duo Vex’d, Jamie Teasdale probed the dark underbelly of Dubstep. I mean, their name was Vex’d for chrissakes, and track titles like Bombardment of Saturn and Killing Floor hardly conjure up visions of skipping through daisies on a spring morning. Those tracks, as well as much of the material on their 2010 Planet Mu album Cloud Seed, were striking, post-apocalyptic affairs that were positively steeped in dread, although
DJ Diamond, “Flight Muzik”
Reviewed by Paul Simpson Source: (Foxydigitalis)
Continuing its quest to bring juke/footwork music to the masses, Planet Mu releases this excellent full-length from DJ Diamond, who previously appeared on last year’s Bangs & Works Vol. 1 compilation. While the average footwork track is still around the 2-3 minute mark, this album opens up with a remix of “Rep Yo Clique” (which appears later in the album), stretching it over 5 minutes and chopping its vocal sample into a rapid phasing pattern.
Reviewed by Uknown Source: (Headphone Commute)
I’ve been following Machinedrum since his debut on the now defunct influential IDM label, Merck. From 2001 to 2006, Travis Stewart released five full length albums on Merck: Now You Know (2001), Urban Biology (2002), Half The Battle (2002), Bidnezz (2004) and Mergerz & Acquisitionz (2006). When Merck closed its doors in January of 2007, many artists had to scramble for a new home that would tailor to their unique sound.
- Various - The Cosmic Forces Of Mu
- Venetian Snares - Defluxion
- Venetian Snares & Speedranch - Making Orange Things
- Joseph Nothing - Dummy Variations
- Hrvatski - Swarm & Dither
- Mu Allstars - Criminal
- Hellfish & Producer - Constant Mutation (Mixed)
- Leafcutter John - Microcontact
- Nicole Elmer - Beef Bouilion
- Tim Tetlow - Beauty Walks A Razor's Edge
- Phthalocyanine - 25 Tracks Fer 1 Track
- Leafcutter John - Concourse E.E.P.
- Luke Vibert - '95-'99
- Jega - Geometry
- Capitol K - Roadeater E.P.
- Kid Spatula - Full Sunken Breaks
- Jega & Kid Spatula - Unity Gain / Hard Love
- Capitol K - Sounds Of The Empire
- Slag Boom Van Loon - So Soon
- Tusken Raiders - The Motorbike Track
- Slag Boom Van Loon - Slag Boom Van Loon
- Jega - Spectrum
- Horse Opera - 3 Cornered Room
- Capitol K - Island Row