Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises
Reviewed by http://www.residentadvisor.net/review-view.aspx?id=6443 Source: (RA)
OK, just so we're clear. The refrain of the track is "Hey Horseteeth Girl, I want to make you make horsey noises..."! So basically, Venetian Snares can do whatever he wants with this and it's the best song I've heard all year. True story: I joined an online dating site and my roommate and I have opposite girl taste—he likes these roundfaced roly-poly girls and I like long faced (as he calls them) "ponies." So this song is basically my anthem. I love
Love Is a Liability
Reviewed by robinrenwick Source: (Alt Sounds)
According to the Love is a Liability Press release, “Planet Mu has a long and distinguished record of breaking new and exciting artists”. A glance at www.planet-mu.com and one starts to realise how many artists they have given a “break” too. Their roster is huge, and you start to think that surely not every release is good, is it?
Dubstep is becoming a bit of a craze these days. With big sleezy bass wobbles coupled with irresistibly
LUKE VIBERT We Hear You
Lord Vibert is back, once again on Planet Mu, which seems to have become a semi permanent home for his eclectic blend of electronic music. One of the forefathers of modern electronica, and a long-time friend of Richard D. James, Tom Jenkinson or Planet Mu boss Mike Paradinas, Vibert’s back catalogue spans more genres than these three put together. Ambient, hip-hop, drum’n’bass, library music, acid or funky disco have all been part of his diet,
Boxcutter (aka Barry Lynn) is from Lurgan, Northern Ireland and Arecibo Message is his third album release on Planet Mu and there’s quite a few folks saying it’s his best yet.
Reviewed by Gerry Hectic Source: (Fly Global)
In comparison to Planet Mu’s last album release, Remano Eszildn’s R-Tracks, Arecibo Message is a very straight forward dubstep come acid rave up album. But hang on a minute, just because there’s a lack of leftfield experimental, ambient, electro but this isn’t a one-trick album; far from it. Like the many moods of shoegazing (as in Cathedral Classics), there’s as loads of influences on Arecibo Message.
And just to prove the point,
- Various - The Cosmic Forces Of Mu
- Venetian Snares - Defluxion
- Venetian Snares & Speedranch - Making Orange Things
- Joseph Nothing - Dummy Variations
- Hrvatski - Swarm & Dither
- Mu Allstars - Criminal
- Hellfish & Producer - Constant Mutation (Mixed)
- Leafcutter John - Microcontact
- Nicole Elmer - Beef Bouilion
- Tim Tetlow - Beauty Walks A Razor's Edge
- Phthalocyanine - 25 Tracks Fer 1 Track
- Leafcutter John - Concourse E.E.P.
- Luke Vibert - '95-'99
- Jega - Geometry
- Capitol K - Roadeater E.P.
- Kid Spatula - Full Sunken Breaks
- Jega & Kid Spatula - Unity Gain / Hard Love
- Capitol K - Sounds Of The Empire
- Slag Boom Van Loon - So Soon
- Tusken Raiders - The Motorbike Track
- Slag Boom Van Loon - Slag Boom Van Loon
- Jega - Spectrum
- Horse Opera - 3 Cornered Room
- Capitol K - Island Row