Reviewed by Joshua Glazer (all music guide)
Mike Dykehouse hails from western Michigan, located halfway between Detroit's pristine techno community and Chicago's jackin' house scene. And his unique name first came into recognition after playing the inaugural Detroit Electronic Music Festival. His music, however, is much more akin to the IDM movement from European quarters. Assembled by Mike Paradinas (aka µ-Ziq) from a collection of home recordings produced between 1996-2001, Dynamic
Reviewed by sheikh ahmed (absorb.org)
another planet mu discovery. that may mean good or bad news, depending on your feelings for said label. us? well we quite like the recent output of cheeky techno that they've delivered. from the skullf**k of hellfish to the evocative musings of tim tetlow, we all think it's class. mike dykehouse is another imperfect addition to the family, having an unfortunate surname hasn't deterred mike from producing this brilliant debut.
more akin to the
Reviewed by Max Power (earlash.ccom)
Dynamic Obsolescence is definitely one of the best albums I've heard this year. I'm not saying it's the best electronic album of the year, I'm just saying that it rocks my shit. I've been listening to it for awhile now and I still keep pulling out subtleties in the tracks that make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Now the question is, How do I begin talking about it?
The real power of this album lies in the way it blends crunchy beats
Nope, I shall resist the temptation to make a crack about lesbian dance producers, for Dykehouse is in fact, from the motor city itself - Detroit. Mike combines the city's techno electro and house legacies and injects them with the kind of fidgety, mind-blasting energy that the UK's electronica massive will relate to. he's obviously absorbed Aphex, Autechre and Paradinas. Either that or he's using the same software plug-ins. Mike isn't at the cutting
- Various - The Cosmic Forces Of Mu
- Venetian Snares - Defluxion
- Venetian Snares & Speedranch - Making Orange Things
- Joseph Nothing - Dummy Variations
- Hrvatski - Swarm & Dither
- Mu Allstars - Criminal
- Hellfish & Producer - Constant Mutation (Mixed)
- Leafcutter John - Microcontact
- Nicole Elmer - Beef Bouilion
- Tim Tetlow - Beauty Walks A Razor's Edge
- Phthalocyanine - 25 Tracks Fer 1 Track
- Leafcutter John - Concourse E.E.P.
- Luke Vibert - '95-'99
- Jega - Geometry
- Capitol K - Roadeater E.P.
- Kid Spatula - Full Sunken Breaks
- Jega & Kid Spatula - Unity Gain / Hard Love
- Capitol K - Sounds Of The Empire
- Slag Boom Van Loon - So Soon
- Tusken Raiders - The Motorbike Track
- Slag Boom Van Loon - Slag Boom Van Loon
- Jega - Spectrum
- Horse Opera - 3 Cornered Room
- Capitol K - Island Row