You Stand Uncertain
Reviewed by Helene Dancer Source: (Brainer Magazine)
FaltyDL’s second album, ‘You Stand Uncertain’, has elicited an unprecedented amount of chin stroking. There have been references to his ‘post-post-modern’ use of samples and debates as to how he achieved such an elegant sense of timelessness to his compositions. However you like your music dissected, ‘You Stand Uncertain’ is an intriguing album.
Even though he’s based Stateside, FaltyDL – or Drew Lustman – has always been
FaltyDL - You Stand Uncertain
Reviewed by Andrew Ryce Source: (Resident Advisor)
The only common thread running through Brooklyn's Drew Lustman's work thus far has been a mischievous sense of vaguely garage skip (cribbed equally from both sides of the pond) and a tendency to hop from one extreme to the other. Recent music for current home Planet Mu has shown him trying on templates for size, with last year's Phreqaflex and Endeavour EPs being exercises in classy 2-step and slow, swampy house respectively.
You Stand Uncertain
Boxcutter – Allele review
Reviewed by Belinda Rowse Source: (Juno Plus)
Hold tight Planet Mu fans: there’s a Boxcutter album on the horizon. Yes, you heard. Otherwise known as Barry Lynn, the Irish dubstep, or now, probably more accurately described as post-dubstep artist, Boxcutter has been responsible for some superb Squarepusher, DJ Shadow and Four Tet influenced cuts in recent times on labels such as Planet Mu, Hotflush, Abucs and Kinnego. This is the first single to be taken from the aforementioned LP, The
BANGS & WORKS VOL. 1
Reviewed by Uknown Source: (Dummy Magazine)
What’s the story?
Planet Mu compile the best of footwork. The Chicago dance sound was a mostly localized phenomenon, evolving out of ghetto house. Over the past year, with the aid of labels like Planet Mu releasing the music of DJ Rashad, DJ Nate and DJ Roc to a wider audience, this off-the-wall strain of club music has spread its scattered 808s, fast moving, cut ‘n’ paste reach, far wider, with numerous tracks, most famously Addison
- Various - The Cosmic Forces Of Mu
- Venetian Snares - Defluxion
- Venetian Snares & Speedranch - Making Orange Things
- Joseph Nothing - Dummy Variations
- Hrvatski - Swarm & Dither
- Mu Allstars - Criminal
- Hellfish & Producer - Constant Mutation (Mixed)
- Leafcutter John - Microcontact
- Nicole Elmer - Beef Bouilion
- Tim Tetlow - Beauty Walks A Razor's Edge
- Phthalocyanine - 25 Tracks Fer 1 Track
- Leafcutter John - Concourse E.E.P.
- Luke Vibert - '95-'99
- Jega - Geometry
- Capitol K - Roadeater E.P.
- Kid Spatula - Full Sunken Breaks
- Jega & Kid Spatula - Unity Gain / Hard Love
- Capitol K - Sounds Of The Empire
- Slag Boom Van Loon - So Soon
- Tusken Raiders - The Motorbike Track
- Slag Boom Van Loon - Slag Boom Van Loon
- Jega - Spectrum
- Horse Opera - 3 Cornered Room
- Capitol K - Island Row