Reviewed by boomkat (www.boomkat.com)
Another legend unearthed, Planet Mu follow up the blistering Remarc set with this ace doublepack from Bizzy B (Brain/Joker/Sub Base/Whitehouse) - a pioneer of junglist raves and hardcore pirate radio (Centerforce, Fantasy, Kool fm, Conflict). He's been releasing records since '91 and set up one of the most influential Hardcore/Jungle labels "Brain" which also released the debut material of Peshay , Zinc, and Marc Caro (Technical Itch) among others.
Reviewed by Dan Collins (cyclicdefrost.com)
Being quite the fan of the early jungle sound it often pains me to dig out a few dusty records only to find that for one reason or another, they haven’t quite survived the test of time. A recent spate of roughneck jungle releases, coupled with modern production and a fresh pressing puts paid to this particular problem. Another legend unearthed, Planet Mu follow up the blistering Remarc set with this ace 10” double pack from Bizzy B
Reviewed by 'L' from knowledge mag (www.knowledgemag.co.uk)
No jungle collection is complete without a Bizzy B record or two, and over a decade on from the release of the first two 'Science' EPs on White House he provides us with volume three. Included is a rigourous rework of the classic '16 Track Ting' as well as the Andy C-spun 'Darkside', and rather than being uncompromisingly experimental this EP just goes to show how floor-friendly such roughneck break-chopping can be.
Reviewed by Alastair Lee (www.bbc.co.uk/dna/collective)
If you’re the kind of listener who likes to push your stereo to the limits, not to mention the patience of the neighbours, then you’ve struck gold with Exile. This sort of thing makes non-believers shake their heads in disbelief whilst muttering about “the kids of today”. Tearing 160bpm breaks, sliced to ribbons and spat in your face with distorted synth bass and menacing undercurrents. It’s feisty alright, but it’s
- Various - The Cosmic Forces Of Mu
- Venetian Snares - Defluxion
- Venetian Snares & Speedranch - Making Orange Things
- Joseph Nothing - Dummy Variations
- Hrvatski - Swarm & Dither
- Mu Allstars - Criminal
- Hellfish & Producer - Constant Mutation (Mixed)
- Leafcutter John - Microcontact
- Nicole Elmer - Beef Bouilion
- Tim Tetlow - Beauty Walks A Razor's Edge
- Phthalocyanine - 25 Tracks Fer 1 Track
- Leafcutter John - Concourse E.E.P.
- Luke Vibert - '95-'99
- Jega - Geometry
- Capitol K - Roadeater E.P.
- Kid Spatula - Full Sunken Breaks
- Jega & Kid Spatula - Unity Gain / Hard Love
- Capitol K - Sounds Of The Empire
- Slag Boom Van Loon - So Soon
- Tusken Raiders - The Motorbike Track
- Slag Boom Van Loon - Slag Boom Van Loon
- Jega - Spectrum
- Horse Opera - 3 Cornered Room
- Capitol K - Island Row