Two-CD µ-marathon of new and exclusive tracks.
Necessary or evil? Necessary and evil, although the endurance-test noise is kept to a minimum. capitol K, Vibert and jega, among others, drop sweet insanity.
"Experimental double album of brain-bending strangeness" Aphex Twin gained all the plaudits, but Mike Paradinas (the man behind µ-Ziq and Planet Mu) has been just as important over the last decade in furthering the remit of electronica into the outer reaches of the subconscious. Not convinced? This compilation should see you right. This visionary label can jump from squelching, nasty, greasy acid to transcendentally beautiful offerings without
Reviewed by TM (Jockey Slut)
The sketch? Unreleased tracks from electronic maverick Mike Paradinas' label and very much created in his image - namely, a mix of electronic inspiration and unlistenable toss.
Highlights? Jega's extraordinarily good Warp-y shuffle "Geometry (µ-Ziq Remix)", and hybrid indie-electronicist Capitol K's "Capitol Beat Sticky". And who on earth are Leafcutter John (whose "Khom?s" is comparable to "Windowlicker") and Dykehouse (the atmospheric ballad
Reviewed by Piers Martin (NME)
When you play a record made by someone called aaron funk, a 25 year old from winnipeg, canada, you instincively know it's going to be different. the fact that this venetian snares single is on mike p's planet mu imprint also hints at it's chaotic genius, but nothing prepares you for the splatterbreak carnage contained on both sides. chances are this won't be paradinas' first number one record, although if you've been longing to hear a recording of a drum-machine being thrown down a flight of stairs, consider you wait well and truley over.
- Shitmat - Shopliftin' Gabba
- Jansky Noise & Speedranch - Mi^grate
- µ-Ziq - Bilious Paths
- Lexaunculpt - The Blurring Of Trees
- Ambulance - The Curse Of Vale Do Lobo
- Venetian Snares - Winter In The Belly Of A Snake
- Electronic Music Composer - Suggested Surgery
- Local - They Are Local
- Leafcutter John - The Housebound Spirit
- Various - Children Of Mu
- Venetian Snares - Higgins Ultra Low Track Glue Funk Hits 1972-2006
- Joseph Nothing - Dreamland Idle Orchestra
- Nautilis - Are You An Axolotl
- DJ Hekla - Eruption 1970
- Nautilis - Sketches Vol.1
- Decal - 404 Not Found
- Luke Vibert - Homewerk
- Kettel - Tadley Management E.P.
- Hellfish - Meat Machine Broadcast System
- Dykehouse - Dynamic Obsolescence
- Tim Tetlow - Cyrenic
- Electric Company - Slow Food
- Venetian Snares - Songs About My Cats
- o9 - No Delay For Days