Reviewed by boomcat (boomcat)
And so the onslaught continues – volume 3 finds Henry Collins hijacking “There’s No Business Like...” and “Walking in the air” for a couple of breakneck tough-ass jump-ups. You just cannot fault the man’s humour and digital robustness – junglist breaks and supreme dancheall emissions in propa stylee, bring on volume 4! And remember, the first two editions sold out in a flash so get a move on. Ace!
Reviewed by Ali Burge (Twenty4-seven.com)
Following hot on the heals of May's 'Killababylonkutz', 'Full English Breakfest' is Shitmat's debut album proper and displays all the elements that made its predecessor so hilariously good. The combination of suberbly chosen samples (The Snowman song being a good example) mixed with the toxic-dancehall-reggae-gabba-rave beats works well and Shitmat's obvious musical talent shines through. Expect this one to be the highlight of free parties everywhere.
Reviewed by DP (Knowledge) (Knowledge, Sept. 04)
Well, it's drum & bass captain, but not as we know it. Nut-box soundboy Shitmat deals in a crazed, LSD-addled version of '94 ragga-jungle that throws show tunes, Aphex Twin noise and 'appy 'ardcore lunacy into the mix. It's an acquired taste, but if you like your beats very, very mental and dripping in demented humour, you're going to absolutely love it. 'Full English Breakfast' also features easily the greatest track title in ages ('There's No
Reviewed by Mojo, Nov. 04 (Mojo)
Whether you like your breakbeats mashed, fried or minced, served with a sizzling garnish of sampled TV themes and a Digital Hardcore-style frenetic pace, Henry 'Shitmat' Collins has the dish for you. The Captain Pugwash theme gets chopped up and reconstituted as drum'n'bass for speed freaks, and there's even a sample from the Rebel MC's Street Tuff. Food for thought, indeed.
- Shitmat - Shopliftin' Gabba
- Jansky Noise & Speedranch - Mi^grate
- µ-Ziq - Bilious Paths
- Lexaunculpt - The Blurring Of Trees
- Ambulance - The Curse Of Vale Do Lobo
- Venetian Snares - Winter In The Belly Of A Snake
- Electronic Music Composer - Suggested Surgery
- Local - They Are Local
- Leafcutter John - The Housebound Spirit
- Various - Children Of Mu
- Venetian Snares - Higgins Ultra Low Track Glue Funk Hits 1972-2006
- Joseph Nothing - Dreamland Idle Orchestra
- Nautilis - Are You An Axolotl
- DJ Hekla - Eruption 1970
- Nautilis - Sketches Vol.1
- Decal - 404 Not Found
- Luke Vibert - Homewerk
- Kettel - Tadley Management E.P.
- Hellfish - Meat Machine Broadcast System
- Dykehouse - Dynamic Obsolescence
- Tim Tetlow - Cyrenic
- Electric Company - Slow Food
- Venetian Snares - Songs About My Cats
- o9 - No Delay For Days