Belching acid bass lines, raucous drum loops and clattering electronic garble - all just a day at the office for Mike Paradinas’ Planet Mu Records. Last Step resumes normal service.
Reviewed by subba-culture
Sounding like R2D2 after young Skywalker put him on fast spin in the latest Hotpoint Aquarius, Last Step’s self-titled debut certainly bleeps it’s way into line with the now classic brain-dance-ethos. Planet Mu has been pulling in these kind of artists for many a splatter-cored year and, the fact of the matter is, you either like it or you just don’t, plain and simple. If you do manage to wade your way through this particular digital onslaught
Reviewed by Blowback
Planet Mu have really got their act together of late. In fact, they're probably one of the most interesting electronic labels out there at the moment. Sure, they still release plenty of joyously throwaway gabbercore madness by the likes of shitmat, but their 2006 Sacred Symbols of Mu compilation showcased a truly diverse roster of talent. Lately they've been championing alot of great dubstep material, but this new album by Christopher Reeves (aka The
Reviewed by FACT
Rinse FM's Distance posseses basslines so thick and treacly that they'd probably suffocate you if you turned this up loud enough. His debut album is an uncomprimising journey through the doom and boom of his minimal, haunting dubstep. Like Skream, Distance has a penchant for broken shards of melody, making this a record that should appeal to a broader audience.
Reviewed by Boomkat
Crunching around the dubstep fraternity like a kid amongst some Lego, Distance is a truly towering figure within the bass-ruptured scene - bringing a distinctive sound and hardcore outlook to bear on his subterranean emissions. Coming from a metal background, Distance certainly knows how to deliver upfront and caustic compositions - blasting the sonic cobwebs clean from the rafters through his Tectonic appearances and making a mere twelve inches of
- Darqwan - M/a...ximum Reespek
- iTAL tEK - Blood Line
- Ceephax - Megalift E.P.
- The Doubtful Guest - Electrobotz
- Milanese - Extend
- Pinch - Punisher
- Mary Anne Hobbs - Warrior Dubz
- Tim Exile - Tim Exile's Nuisance Gabbaret Lounge
- Venetian Snares - Cavalcade Of Glee And Dadaist Happy Hardcore Pom Poms
- Boxcutter - Oneiric
- Boxcutter - Tauhid
- Uniform - Protocol
- Shitmat & Friends - Gary's Gruesome Remixes
- Guilty Connector - Beats, Noise & Life
- The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble - The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble
- Venetian Snares - Hospitality
- The Gasman - This One's For You
- Breakage - Drowning
- Equinox - Acid Rain V.I.P.
- Pinch - Qawwali
- Virus Syndicate - Ready To Learn
- Virus Syndicate - Ready To Learn Remix
- Vex'd - Bombardment Of Saturn
- µ-Ziq - Ease Up