Reviewed by One Week To Live
Mike Paradinas' Planet Mu imprint has brought us some of the most sublime and vicious electronica of recent years. From the scatter incursions of Los Angeles glitch hop producer edIT to the epileptic breakcore of Venetian Snares and the dubstep nuke of Milanese, to his own productions as µ-ZIQ which sit somewhere in between. It's been four years since the whirlwind of his last album 'Bilious Paths' and with the headscratchingly entitled 'Duntisbourne
Reviewed by Boomkat
Righteous stuff, to coincide with the compilation of his previous singles for Planet Mu on the "Lover's Acid" set and acting as a prelude to his anticipated new album "Chicago, Detroit, Redruth" due for the label in a couple of weeks time, this latest 4-track twelve from Luke Vibert comes in a limited edition of just 1000 copies for the world and is set to disappear just about as quickly as its predecessors. "Mate Tron" opens the twelve with another
Written by Gary Suarez
Sunday, 09 September 2007
It may have taken a few years longer than hoped, but that other Cornish madman has at last perfected the formula he has relentlessly toiled over with this batch of infectiously quirky acid-blasted instant classics. The chronic unevenness that hindered many of his releases this century is noticeably absent from this gooey mix of "grown folks" electronica.
Reviewed by Rubadub
crazy dope acid tracks on planet mu. rumour has it this astonishingly fresh music is made by a 22 year old girl from brighton. whether that is true or not is neither here nor there. what is important is that these mutant acid disco rave bangers are among the finest sounds to come from planet mu in a wee while, and that is saying something, as they have generally been on a bit of a roll recently. top top stuff that will suit almost anyone who isn't a po-faced goon who doesn't like having fun. you need this record.
- Darqwan - M/a...ximum Reespek
- iTAL tEK - Blood Line
- Ceephax - Megalift E.P.
- The Doubtful Guest - Electrobotz
- Milanese - Extend
- Pinch - Punisher
- Mary Anne Hobbs - Warrior Dubz
- Tim Exile - Tim Exile's Nuisance Gabbaret Lounge
- Venetian Snares - Cavalcade Of Glee And Dadaist Happy Hardcore Pom Poms
- Boxcutter - Oneiric
- Boxcutter - Tauhid
- Uniform - Protocol
- Shitmat & Friends - Gary's Gruesome Remixes
- Guilty Connector - Beats, Noise & Life
- The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble - The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble
- Venetian Snares - Hospitality
- The Gasman - This One's For You
- Breakage - Drowning
- Equinox - Acid Rain V.I.P.
- Pinch - Qawwali
- Virus Syndicate - Ready To Learn
- Virus Syndicate - Ready To Learn Remix
- Vex'd - Bombardment Of Saturn
- µ-Ziq - Ease Up