The return of Mike Paradinas AKA U-Ziq, has been the high point of several online chat groups and mailing lists of late. Listening to Bilious Paths, it’s welcoming to hear many of those U-Ziq idiosyncrasies that have featured on past productions. What really sounds and feels different on this record is the way the elements interact in the mix. There’s a great deal of ‘bright’ sounds and detailed processing on this record, which will please
Reviewed by Rob Theakston (all music guide)
The latest offering from Planet Mu finds Lexanculpt visiting melodic territory last covered by fellow labelmate Dykehouse, but that's where the comparisons end. Cultivating the familiar palette of cut-up glips, crackles, and frantic beats that has become the hallmark of Planet Mu, Lexanculpt takes these concepts and layers them over melodies that would easily find a welcome home on a Kompakt Pop Ambient release or, in its darkest hour (the beautifully
piano is where it all begins. pure and simple.
Reviewed by Joshua Bratton (absorb.org)
with his last release 'double density' ep in 1999, alex graham has kept us waiting anxiously, but his new album 'the blurring of trees', melts the heart and cleanses the soul. at a length of nearly 50 minutes and 11 tracks long, it's the best album, transitionally (never pausing between songs), i've heard in years. this album could be classified in the 'idm' genre, but i find that the best albums are left unclassified.
the opener 'the tuning of
It was a couple months ago that I heard the name Lexaunculpt (although one Alex Graham has released a couple EPs under the name thusfar). I read enough good words about it that I downloaded the first two tracks from the release and listened to them. The nine minutes passed by and my reaction was one that I don't have very often. Instead of downloading more tracks from the release, or simply hitting repeat, I instantly deleted the tracks and ordered
- Darqwan - M/a...ximum Reespek
- iTAL tEK - Blood Line
- Ceephax - Megalift E.P.
- The Doubtful Guest - Electrobotz
- Milanese - Extend
- Pinch - Punisher
- Mary Anne Hobbs - Warrior Dubz
- Tim Exile - Tim Exile's Nuisance Gabbaret Lounge
- Venetian Snares - Cavalcade Of Glee And Dadaist Happy Hardcore Pom Poms
- Boxcutter - Oneiric
- Boxcutter - Tauhid
- Uniform - Protocol
- Shitmat & Friends - Gary's Gruesome Remixes
- Guilty Connector - Beats, Noise & Life
- The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble - The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble
- Venetian Snares - Hospitality
- The Gasman - This One's For You
- Breakage - Drowning
- Equinox - Acid Rain V.I.P.
- Pinch - Qawwali
- Virus Syndicate - Ready To Learn
- Virus Syndicate - Ready To Learn Remix
- Vex'd - Bombardment Of Saturn
- µ-Ziq - Ease Up