Reviewed by Marcello (hemingwoid)
One of two fine albums this year from the good DJ, the other being Killababylonkutz, this unashamedly takes us back to cherished memories of Digital Hardcore and Ambush – lots of 900 bpm old skool d&b mash-ups over crazy but logical cut-ups. Highlight: "There’s No Business Like Propa’ Rungleclotted Mashup Bizznizz" wherein Ethel Merman gets lost in a cul-de-sac at the wrong end of Lewisham. Best title: "UK Swampcore Sucks In Comparison To Techstep New Wave Psy-Jungle." Tell that to The Wire.
Reviewed by Gregory Britsch (Laut)
English BREAK nearly. In the morning a tidy charge fat in the form of ham, beans, fried egg and small sausage. Lecker. The adequate palate joy after a night sakeless through-rushed. The Kater, the head, the Sodbrennen: away. Or so. Sometimes, not always. What spontaneous associations titles and/or Cover and/or Booklet CD as of Shitmat nevertheless to release can...
Not necessarily the transition in the sense of Gerhard the Delling, but which
Reviewed by Allan Harrison (copperpress.com)
Shitmat's penchant for hyper-junglist sample-splattery has already made him of the most engaging and humorous personalities in an electronic music scene too often polarised by reclusive boffinry or the brainless din of the superclubs. Ironically, the hilarious Full English Breakfest comes on like a raging, information-age punk rock attack, wherein a gloop of amorphous pop/dance culture is ingested, reimagined, and shat out as an orgiastic
Reviewed by AG (Blowback) (Blowback, Oct. 04)
Never, ever failing to meet high unadulterated random beat-wave-head-fuckdupness, hold back on the shrooms...Jungle-ist beat structures mangled and nasty gum wrapped in narcotic sample bliss. As banging as re-living 90's mix-tape pack parties getting the fuck down all because of 'the music', except... this is the dark side of those fond memories mixed with outta-control catchiness. Some of the best collages of samples, beats and dark psychiatry
- Darqwan - M/a...ximum Reespek
- iTAL tEK - Blood Line
- Ceephax - Megalift E.P.
- The Doubtful Guest - Electrobotz
- Milanese - Extend
- Pinch - Punisher
- Mary Anne Hobbs - Warrior Dubz
- Tim Exile - Tim Exile's Nuisance Gabbaret Lounge
- Venetian Snares - Cavalcade Of Glee And Dadaist Happy Hardcore Pom Poms
- Boxcutter - Oneiric
- Boxcutter - Tauhid
- Uniform - Protocol
- Shitmat & Friends - Gary's Gruesome Remixes
- Guilty Connector - Beats, Noise & Life
- The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble - The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble
- Venetian Snares - Hospitality
- The Gasman - This One's For You
- Breakage - Drowning
- Equinox - Acid Rain V.I.P.
- Pinch - Qawwali
- Virus Syndicate - Ready To Learn
- Virus Syndicate - Ready To Learn Remix
- Vex'd - Bombardment Of Saturn
- µ-Ziq - Ease Up