Reviewed by Paul Simpson (unknown)
Well, nobody liked the last few µ-ziq albums (just kidding, I did), so might as well throw together some more outtakes and release them as a new album. Hey, it’s worked for Aphex, hasn’t it? It hasn’t? Fuck.
This starts well enough, with a slightly cheesy but fun track called “Housewife”, which has a nice answering machine sample and some silly keyboards and beats. “Shistner’s Bassflex” has familiar (for Mike P) bloopy synths and
Reviewed by Gillian Nash (logo magazine)
Two discs of ideas, vignettes and unreleased snapshots is probably pushing it for any artist, even one with as wide an appeal as Bruce Springsteen; the mind that decided the world needed the same from an artist whose entire oeuvre is based on the strange sounds that can be coaxed out of black boxes should have his head examined then. This but for one thing, Kid Spatula is Mike Paradinas, aka É -Ziq, a man for whom the boxes are both the means and the
Kid Spatula- Meast
Reviewed by Johnny C (noiseloop.com)
New album from Mike (u-ziq) Paradinas,consisting of unreleased material from 94-98.37 tracks spread over 2 discs,over 2 hours of excellent music,a must for for any self respecting electronica fan.The full album is a gorgeous trip into where mikes head was while he was creating such classic albums such as 'lunatic Harness' and 'Roayl Astronomy'.
Kinky opener 'housewife' recalls moments from 2000s full sunken breaks,twisted synth loops backed the
Reviewed by Sam (tesselate.me.uk)
New release on Planet-Mu.
"Housewife" kicks it all off with a robots journey through an evil ghost house packed to the hilt with spooks, warlocks and demons. The acid style attack melody sparks off itself and cuts the droids vocal chip to pieces, ejecting slices of splutter speech into the mix.
Sly samples of mail-order brides describing themselves to you in an attempt to make there way to the west, are laid below the zingy melody "my eyes
- Eskmo - Let Them Sing
- Ikonika - Smuck
- Geiom & Shortstuff - No Hand Signals
- Starkey - OK Luv
- Raffertie - 7th Dimension
- Ceephax Acid Crew - United Acid Emirates
- Kuedo - Dream Sequence E.P.
- Starkey - Ephemeral Exhibits
- Neil Landstrumm - Lord For £39
- Distance - Repercussions
- Last Step - 1961
- Mrs Jynx - The Standoffish Cat
- Venetian Snares - My Downfall (Original Soundtrack)
- Meat Beat Manifesto - Autoimmune
- iTAL tEK - Cyclical
- Mary Anne Hobbs - Evangeline
- Venetian Snares - Miss Balaton
- Various Production & Virus Syndicate - Apollo/Neva Argue
- Sunken Foal - Fermented Condiments
- Sunken Foal - Fallen Arches
- Venetian Snares - Detrimentalist
- The Gasman - Superlife
- Eero Johannes - Eero Johannes
- Virus Syndicate - Sick Pay