Reviewed by Jeremy Chick (www.subba-cultcha.com)
Some albums are scary sounding, and others are just damn well frightening. Dr Kohei aka The Filth aka GxCx aka the Guilty Connector is a ‘Japanese Hybrid Human/Noise Machine’, and if he was my doctor I’d ask to switch and save myself the instantaneous loosening of the bowels endured when I pressed play on my CD player whilst placing my headphones upon my ears… Taking ‘found’ sounds and digitally manipulating them into harsh sounds capes
...I can assure that in Beats, Noise and Life opposite moods and sonic extremes coexist to form a unique piece of art that goes beyond the basic meaning of noise..."
Reviewed by luca maini (igloomag.com)
Noise albums released by Planet Mu are always something special but, apart from the widely acclaimed Making Orange Things by Venetian Snares and Speedranch, the Speedranch / Jansky Noise record and this Guilty Connector are very much underrated. Beats, Noise and Life is indeed a harsh collection of tracks, but there's much more than a simple wall of distortions: Guilty Connector frequently opens his pieces with evocative settings, using Japanese
Reviewed by Leon Michael Tricker (Vanity Project)
Where angels fear to tread you will find Dr. Kohei, a.k.a. Guilty Connector. Combining pure feedback, self-oscillation and barrages of noise, this is not for the faint hearted. Imagine Atari Teenage Riot chucked in a food blender and you’d be halfway there. Whether this is the result of Kohei’s hand-made, iron-plated, ‘Shibaki Electronics’ I don’t know. Suffice to say this harsh, harsh, harsh and beyond avant garde, for which Guilty
Reviewed by (FdW) (Vital Weekly)
Behind Guilty Connector is someone calls himself Dr. Kouhei, aka The Filth, aka GxCx and before he released a CD with Tabata (see Vital Weekly 384). Maybe that already hints in which way to look for his music: in the corners of Japanese noise music. Guilty Connector builds his own sound effects and uses them in combination with iron plates. It's odd to see this released on Planet Mu, but it's well-known that they have a wide taste. It will no doubt
- Rudi Zygadlo - Great Western Laymen
- FaltyDL - Endeavour
- Ikonika - Dckhdbtch
- FaltyDL - Phreqaflex
- DJ Nate - Hatas Our Motivation
- Oriol - Night And Day
- Vex'd - Cloud Seed
- Terror Danjah - Power Grid E.P.
- Oriol - Coconut Coast
- Ital Tek - Moment In Blue E.P.
- Rossi B & Luca (feat. Killa P.) - E10 Riddim
- Starkey - Ear Drums And Black Holes
- The Internal Tulips - Mislead Into A Field By A Deformed Deer
- Starkey - Stars (feat. Anneka)
- Slugabed - Ultra Heat Treated E.P.
- Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises
- FaltyDL - Love Is A Liability
- Luke Vibert - We Hear You
- Boxcutter - Arecibo Message
- Shitmat - One Foot In The Rave
- Terror Danjah - Industry Standard Part 4
- Terror Danjah - Gremlinz (The Instrumentals 2003-2009)
- Burnkane - You Know
- Subeena Ft. Jamie Woon & Om'Mas Keith - Solidify