Reviewed by Mixmag
Unlike other dubstep players like Skream and Burial whose backgroundwas in two-step/garage, Kent lad Distance was initially inspired to fire up the music software by the electronic touches of experimental metal bands like Tool and System Of A Down. You can really hear the rock influence here in the rigid, woody drums of 'Ska'and 'Weigh Down'. But what really dominates is a really edgy, strung-out brand of atmospherics: a bleak, sci-fi vibe with
Reviewed by Subba-Culcha
When the single Traffic, from dubsteppers Distance, hit the UK, it was a call to arms for all fans of the genre. A demonic, growling bass line grinded the echoing rave synths and punchy, dubstep break. All eyes were then on how Planet Mu’s Bromley dub connection would follow this up in album form. My Demons, Distance’s debut release, follows in the footsteps of the mammoth 2006 dubstep album, Hyperdub by Burial and whilst it exudes similar quality
Reviewed by Future Music
Planet Mu's move away from releasing only challenging material continues apace with this shoe-gazing extravaganza. It has elements of Sigur Ros, although the vocals enforce Radiohead comparisons, perhaps unfairly. Beautifully produced and crafted, it could still do with one or two tangetial tracks to help swing the mood from what is a very intense and rigid experience - although one you'll want to come back to and admire.
Reviewed by barcodezine
I make this the 7th U-Ziq (Mike Paradinas) album since the project’s conception in 1993. Renowned U-Ziq albums include Tango N’Vectif (1993), Lunatic Harness (1997) and Royal Astronomy (1999), all of which illuminated the ambient/electro genre.
With Duntisbourne Abbots Soulmate Devastation Technique, however, Paradinas stands nakedly transparent. Everything from the title to the artwork to the song titles to the music itself signals an
- Rudi Zygadlo - Great Western Laymen
- FaltyDL - Endeavour
- Ikonika - Dckhdbtch
- FaltyDL - Phreqaflex
- DJ Nate - Hatas Our Motivation
- Oriol - Night And Day
- Vex'd - Cloud Seed
- Terror Danjah - Power Grid E.P.
- Oriol - Coconut Coast
- Ital Tek - Moment In Blue E.P.
- Rossi B & Luca (feat. Killa P.) - E10 Riddim
- Starkey - Ear Drums And Black Holes
- The Internal Tulips - Mislead Into A Field By A Deformed Deer
- Starkey - Stars (feat. Anneka)
- Slugabed - Ultra Heat Treated E.P.
- Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises
- FaltyDL - Love Is A Liability
- Luke Vibert - We Hear You
- Boxcutter - Arecibo Message
- Shitmat - One Foot In The Rave
- Terror Danjah - Industry Standard Part 4
- Terror Danjah - Gremlinz (The Instrumentals 2003-2009)
- Burnkane - You Know
- Subeena Ft. Jamie Woon & Om'Mas Keith - Solidify