Falty DL - 'Phreqaflex' EP
Reviewed by Michel Poiccard Source: (The Daily Bugle)
Falty DL is prolific to say the least. Over the past year, New Yorker Drew Lustman has mustered the 'Love Is A Liability' LP, 'Bravery' EP, 'All In The Place EP, and now the excellent 'Phreqaflex' EP. For me, Lustman has shown a great sign of improvement and growing maturity in his production style over the past 12 months, with 'Phreqaflex' being his best work yet after a week or so of listening consideration. The EP fully takes on a 90's influenced
FaltyDL - Phreqaflex
Reviewed by Michaelangelo Matos Source: (Resident Advisor)
Planet Mu may be rooted in IDM—it's run, of course, by Mike Paradinas, AKA µ-Ziq, so it'd have to be—but many of its best releases over the past half-decade have been more or less straightforward examples of the hardcore continuum, from Neil Landstrumm's affectionate look-backs to early rave to the heavy, ear-grabbing dubstep of Pinch's "Qawwali" and Distance's My Demons to this lovely three-song 2-step 12-inch.
"Phreaqaflex" is New Yorker
FaltyDl Phreqaflex EP
Reviewed by Unknown Source: (The Pop Stalinist)
New 3-track EP from FaltyDL (ne Andrew Lustman) from the ever-glorious Planet Mu imprint, the first of two he's got lined up in the next few months. It offers a bit of a twist on FaltyDL's tried-and-true NY-flavored future garage, this time taking on a 2-step template and no small amount of jacking Chicago flavor to the mix. The title track's high-energy rhythm and gurgling low-slung bass is a marked departure for the artist, who usually traffics in
Dj Nate Da Trak Genoius
Reviewed by Tom Olesen Source: (Spoonfed)
The new one on the ever excellent Planet Mu imprint is this odd little number from the 20 year old DJ Nate from Chicago. Well, an odd sound to us over over here in the UK at least, but it's a sound that is very familiar to the youth of Chicago, a sound known as Footwork. Footwork is the soundtrack to a frenetic dance style known as Juking, Stepping, or Footworking.
This isn't so much an album as it is a compilation of various bits and pieces
- Rudi Zygadlo - Great Western Laymen
- FaltyDL - Endeavour
- Ikonika - Dckhdbtch
- FaltyDL - Phreqaflex
- DJ Nate - Hatas Our Motivation
- Oriol - Night And Day
- Vex'd - Cloud Seed
- Terror Danjah - Power Grid E.P.
- Oriol - Coconut Coast
- Ital Tek - Moment In Blue E.P.
- Rossi B & Luca (feat. Killa P.) - E10 Riddim
- Starkey - Ear Drums And Black Holes
- The Internal Tulips - Mislead Into A Field By A Deformed Deer
- Starkey - Stars (feat. Anneka)
- Slugabed - Ultra Heat Treated E.P.
- Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises
- FaltyDL - Love Is A Liability
- Luke Vibert - We Hear You
- Boxcutter - Arecibo Message
- Shitmat - One Foot In The Rave
- Terror Danjah - Industry Standard Part 4
- Terror Danjah - Gremlinz (The Instrumentals 2003-2009)
- Burnkane - You Know
- Subeena Ft. Jamie Woon & Om'Mas Keith - Solidify