FaltyDL: Endeavour EP
Reviewed by Mike Coleman Source: (Fact Magazine)
As FaltyDL’s last EP for Planet Mu, Phreqaflex saw him appropriate 2step garage, the three tracks on Endeavour see him turn his attentions to classic house music. And as with Phreqaflex, once you get away from the tempo and structure it’s a distant shadow of the genre it apes;a totally unique tribute to house that often sounds closer to otherworldly jazz than it does anything fashioned on a computer.
The silk-smooth groove of the EP’s
FaltyDL - Endeavour
Reviewed by Philip Sherburne Source: (Resident Advisor)
Is FaltyDL becoming a purist? Not exactly: His highly individual style has always been an amalgamation of sounds, from funk to dubstep, and it remains so. But his recent 12-inches for Planet Mu set aside the hodge-podge approach that has occasionally marked his work, especially in album form—not necessarily for the worse, mind—in favor of more focused studies in style. His last EP, Phreqaflex, offered his own interpretation of late '90s
DJ Nate Da Track Genious Review
Reviewed by Melissa Bradshaw Source: (BBC Website)
Juke, with its dance-oriented subgenre footwork, is the latest ghetto bass culture to begin spreading the globe. A descendent of Chicago house, it’s fast becoming the latest sound to satisfy the UK bass underground’s constant hunger for new influences. UK labels Hum & Buzz, SWAMP‘81, and Night Slugs have both promoted and hybridised the sound and exciting things can be expected from them in the near future. While the output from their artists
Reviewed by Si Truss Source: (Fact Magazine)
It’s impressive that, despite still being a relative newcomer, Ikonika has managed to develop such an instantly recognisable production style.You could play ‘Dckhdbtch’ out in a club for the first time and, odds are, anyone with even a passing acquaintance with her previous work would quickly identify it as an Ikonika tune.
If you’re a fan of her excellent Hyperdub-released debut, Contact, Love, Want, Have, you’ll find this relatively
- Rudi Zygadlo - Great Western Laymen
- FaltyDL - Endeavour
- Ikonika - Dckhdbtch
- FaltyDL - Phreqaflex
- DJ Nate - Hatas Our Motivation
- Oriol - Night And Day
- Vex'd - Cloud Seed
- Terror Danjah - Power Grid E.P.
- Oriol - Coconut Coast
- Ital Tek - Moment In Blue E.P.
- Rossi B & Luca (feat. Killa P.) - E10 Riddim
- Starkey - Ear Drums And Black Holes
- The Internal Tulips - Mislead Into A Field By A Deformed Deer
- Starkey - Stars (feat. Anneka)
- Slugabed - Ultra Heat Treated E.P.
- Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises
- FaltyDL - Love Is A Liability
- Luke Vibert - We Hear You
- Boxcutter - Arecibo Message
- Shitmat - One Foot In The Rave
- Terror Danjah - Industry Standard Part 4
- Terror Danjah - Gremlinz (The Instrumentals 2003-2009)
- Burnkane - You Know
- Subeena Ft. Jamie Woon & Om'Mas Keith - Solidify