FaltyDL - You Stand Uncertain
Reviewed by Netti Source: (Spoonfed)
FaltyDL, aka Andrew Lustman, is the romantic nu-garage production poet of New York. His album 'You Stand Uncertain', due for release on Planet Mu on 14th March, paints a nostalgic dream for all bass heads. The album features twelve tracks that flit from one genre to the next with the kind of artistic freedom that's essential for producers to protect against the limitations of genre-boxing.
FaltyDL's first album, 'Love Is A Liability' got slung
Boxcutter: Allele/Other People
Reviewed by John Source: (Inverted Audio)
New to the ever evolving sounds of Planet Mu, is a two track single from Barry ‘Boxcutter’ Lynn. Boxcutter has had a steady creative output since 2005, and his music has featured on some of the most forward- thinking labels of the last 5 years, including Hot Flush recordings and Kinnego records.
His sound of late can very much be referred to as post-dubstep, and has been so since way before the word had even been coined. If you don’t
14 Tracks from Planet Mu
Reviewed by Michaelangelo Matos Source: (Resident Advisor)
It's not quite fair to compare Planet Mu with Warp, but it's not totally inapt either. Both focused early and often on IDM but grew to encompass a lot more, and both have released key bass albums over the past few years. But while Mike Paradinas runs one of the tightest ships in the electronic world (doubly impressive given his label's focus on albums more than singles), Planet Mu is, by design, a lot more subcultural than Warp—Paradinas has yet to
14 Tracks From Planet Mu review
Reviewed by Belinda Rowse Source: (Juno Downlad)
Founded in 1995, initially as a subsidiary of Virgin before breaking off and going independent in 1998, Planet Mu has gone on to become an undisputed force in electronic music, setting the benchmark high and releasing some of the scene’s seminal and groundbreaking artists. Blending house, techno, dubstep, hip-hop and all the grey areas in between that have come to dominate the sonic landscape of recent years, as a label, Planet Mu have never been
- Rudi Zygadlo - Great Western Laymen
- FaltyDL - Endeavour
- Ikonika - Dckhdbtch
- FaltyDL - Phreqaflex
- DJ Nate - Hatas Our Motivation
- Oriol - Night And Day
- Vex'd - Cloud Seed
- Terror Danjah - Power Grid E.P.
- Oriol - Coconut Coast
- Ital Tek - Moment In Blue E.P.
- Rossi B & Luca (feat. Killa P.) - E10 Riddim
- Starkey - Ear Drums And Black Holes
- The Internal Tulips - Mislead Into A Field By A Deformed Deer
- Starkey - Stars (feat. Anneka)
- Slugabed - Ultra Heat Treated E.P.
- Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises
- FaltyDL - Love Is A Liability
- Luke Vibert - We Hear You
- Boxcutter - Arecibo Message
- Shitmat - One Foot In The Rave
- Terror Danjah - Industry Standard Part 4
- Terror Danjah - Gremlinz (The Instrumentals 2003-2009)
- Burnkane - You Know
- Subeena Ft. Jamie Woon & Om'Mas Keith - Solidify