Reviewed by Todd Burns (stylus magazine)
An orchestra is tuning. A radio dial is being turned. A crowd is talking. And so it begins.
Under the alias of Lexaunculpt, Alex Graham was one of the emergent stars of the American revolution in IDM in the late 90s and early 00s. Coupled along with Phoenicia, Richard Devine, and Kid606 Graham debuted with two strong EP releases that appeared to assure that his upcoming full length was to be a classic. And then he disappeared. Making
Reviewed by Richie DeMaria (opuszine.com)
When I first started getting into electronic music, I generally listened to more basic IDM artists. As my collection expanded, though, I found myself enjoying more organic, emotive electronica. Artists who conjured up feelings of fun or melancholy or beauty, and with a seemingly wide variety of instruments (although it was all computer). So Lexaunculpt was sort of an oddity in my recent CD purchases in that it was, for the most part, inorganic and
Reviewed by Sam (tesselate.me.uk)
WOW. I love this dude. I loved what i'd already heard by Lexaunculpt, and anyone else who's felt the same way has been waiting a seemingly bloody long time for this full lengther...
Tapping in with 'The Tuning of Miniature Modems'. An orchestra warms up, broken, stuttering digitalism flowing in and out before the glitchy mellowness intro to 'Has Been Trying Not To Wonder'. I cant say enough good things about this track, so so good... three/four
Reviewed by Joshua David Mann (brainwashed.com)
After two 12" EP's and a bunch of compilation tracks, it is gratifying finally to have a proper full-length from Lexaunculpt. "The Turning of a Miniature Modem" begins the album with the sounds of an orchestra tuning, which is an aptly chosen prologue since "orchestral" is an apt term to describe Alex Graham's music. There always seems to be this hovering chamber orchestra in Lexaunculpt tracks, a rippling softness and smoothness which vies against
- Rudi Zygadlo - Great Western Laymen
- FaltyDL - Endeavour
- Ikonika - Dckhdbtch
- FaltyDL - Phreqaflex
- DJ Nate - Hatas Our Motivation
- Oriol - Night And Day
- Vex'd - Cloud Seed
- Terror Danjah - Power Grid E.P.
- Oriol - Coconut Coast
- Ital Tek - Moment In Blue E.P.
- Rossi B & Luca (feat. Killa P.) - E10 Riddim
- Starkey - Ear Drums And Black Holes
- The Internal Tulips - Mislead Into A Field By A Deformed Deer
- Starkey - Stars (feat. Anneka)
- Slugabed - Ultra Heat Treated E.P.
- Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises
- FaltyDL - Love Is A Liability
- Luke Vibert - We Hear You
- Boxcutter - Arecibo Message
- Shitmat - One Foot In The Rave
- Terror Danjah - Industry Standard Part 4
- Terror Danjah - Gremlinz (The Instrumentals 2003-2009)
- Burnkane - You Know
- Subeena Ft. Jamie Woon & Om'Mas Keith - Solidify