Reviewed by Jess Harvell (www.pitchforkmedia.com)
Though you wouldn't know it to listen to bulk of Pro Agonist, Exile is a junglist. He has releases on some of the genre's biggest and most seminal labels, including Moving Shadow, Renegade Hardware, and John B's Beta. He is as comfortable with rigid electro-steppers as breakneck break splicing and drooling drumfunk. The first track, "Silicon Chop", is a collaboration between Exile and Sub Focus, currently the king of peak-time super-rave drum & bass
Reviewed by boomkat (www.boomkat.com)
Growling subterranean bass? Check. Epic breakdowns? Of course. Seven- shades-of-shit beat pillage? How much do you want, cos 24 year old Tim Exile has got the lot. And a bit more. Having gained an MA in electroacoustic compositions, Exile has been releasing stuff left, right and centre for the past few years, clocking up appearances on Moving Shadow, Ram/Frequency, Beta, Renegade Hardware, Mosquito and now Planet-Mu. Opening as he means to go on,
Reviewed by failme.net (www.failme.net)
Exile is known for all different styles of drum'n bass. But this debut album should see him breaking away from the restrictions of that genre. The rolling breakbeat pleasers are there of course. But sitting alongside are some pretty deep forays into reaktor patch ambience and digital disruption.
The centrepiece is the insane 'Broken Language'. A remix, no, complete re-edit of a track he did with John B. The hyper-edit cuts and DSP tricks do not
Reviewed by Sheikh Ahmed (www.nativeinstruments.de)
Exile is Tim Shaw, creator of forward-thinking, hyper-edited Drum'n'Bass and capable of turning his hand to almost any electronic genre. He also holds a university degree in Electro-acoustic Composition, which together with his extensive knowledge of DSP programming allows him to lace his music with unique sounds and impressive attention to detail. Exile has released an impressive number of records on such labels as Frequency,
- Rudi Zygadlo - Great Western Laymen
- FaltyDL - Endeavour
- Ikonika - Dckhdbtch
- FaltyDL - Phreqaflex
- DJ Nate - Hatas Our Motivation
- Oriol - Night And Day
- Vex'd - Cloud Seed
- Terror Danjah - Power Grid E.P.
- Oriol - Coconut Coast
- Ital Tek - Moment In Blue E.P.
- Rossi B & Luca (feat. Killa P.) - E10 Riddim
- Starkey - Ear Drums And Black Holes
- The Internal Tulips - Mislead Into A Field By A Deformed Deer
- Starkey - Stars (feat. Anneka)
- Slugabed - Ultra Heat Treated E.P.
- Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises
- FaltyDL - Love Is A Liability
- Luke Vibert - We Hear You
- Boxcutter - Arecibo Message
- Shitmat - One Foot In The Rave
- Terror Danjah - Industry Standard Part 4
- Terror Danjah - Gremlinz (The Instrumentals 2003-2009)
- Burnkane - You Know
- Subeena Ft. Jamie Woon & Om'Mas Keith - Solidify