Reviewed by The Stool Pigeon
Who left the fuckin pint glass on the turntable? This CD from a 25 year old Manchester lad who, after years of releasing music on his own label is now a Plaanet Mu mate, is all about a big-ass bucket of KFC, an all-night playstation 2 session and a fat bag of crack weed. It's down tempo, sluggish and chunky hip-hop beats and swishy speaker-tickling mash ups for the mashed up. Like The Prodigy on cough syrup.
Reviewed by Clash
M.R.K.1, otherwise known as Mark One, was responsible for the underground classic 'One Way' album of 2004, which fused elements of hip-hop and D 'n' B with Grime. During this time and since, Dubstep has been causing a stir, and often being misrepresented in a mass media keen to show knowledge of a burgeoning scene. Like many artists coming from a world of instrumental ragga and grime influenced beats (although coming from a slightly more eclectic angle) he is being
Reviewed by Spannered
One artist who’s not averse to getting the rave stabs out at 33 is that granddaddy of electronic beats, Luke Vibert, and this he does to fairly obvious effect on Asheed, on his new EP for Planet Mu. Acting as a warm-up slab for new LP Chicago, Detroit, Redruth, this four-track salvo does all the things Vibert does so well, but nowhere better than on the title track, whose stunningly catchy main riff sits comfortably astride an insistent acid line and mid-tempo electro
Reviewed by Q Magazine
The second album from Mancunian dubstep prooducer MRK1 will test your stereo's low frequency response to the limit. The elephantine bass on 'Ruler' is speaker-busting, while 'I Got Too', featuring Jamaican dancehall star Sizzla, fuses low end theory with spliffed-up toasting.
- DJ Diamond - Flight Muzik
- Machinedrum - Room(s)
- Pritch & Trim - Stereotype
- Tropics - Parodia Flare
- Anti-G - Presents 'Kentje'sz Beatsz'
- Various - Ghettoteknitianz E.P.
- Kuedo - Severant
- Chrissy Murderbot - Women's Studies
- Boxcutter - The Dissolve
- NastyNasty - No Names
- FaltyDL - You Stand Uncertain
- Chrissy Murderbot - Bussin Down
- Boxcutter - Allele
- - Bangs & Works Vol.1
- DJ Roc - The Crack Capone
- Solar Bears - She Was Coloured In
- Various - 14 Tracks From Planet Mu
- DJ Spinn - Man I Do It EP
- DJ Rashad - Itz Not Rite
- Numan - Race Against Time
- Ital Tek - Midnight Colour
- DJ Nate - Da Trak Genious
- Tropics - Soft Vision E.P.
- Mrs Jynx - Shark Carousel