Reviewed by The Wire
Julian Fane is a singer-songwriter from Vancouver, Canada whose vision is epic, sprawling and dreamlike. 'Our New Quarters' is the natural follow-up to 2004's 'Special Forces', only this time his high pitched vocal is the more prominent instrument. While vast shifting clouds of string arrangements, pulsating synthesize shadows, haunted organ embellishments, and complex beat patterns hover overhead, his unsettling siren voice emerges from the Lynchian gloom of the charred soundtrack like a strange hybrid of Scott Walker, Robert Wyatt and Radiohead.
Reviewed by DJ magazine
Those that caught Last Step's last EP will know what to expect from this debut. A mix of scenic electronic sketches and floor-led smashers that mix up acidic basslines with steely beats and warped melodies, it showcases a producer in thrall to electronic music in all it's glory.
Paul Sullivan ****
Reviewed by Boomkat
The excellent Planet Mu pay a return visit to their raved-up hardcore roots with this debut twelve from Dutch producer T.De Roos who finds himself generating a kind of classic '92 Hardcore variation, littered with classic rave stabs and healthy Amen breaks, just the way we like it. Having just spent the evening yesterday listening to long lost Hardcore twelves from '92-'93 thanks to a friend who's just scored a van full of the stuff (and believe me - this stuff is
Reviewed by Subba-Cultcha
Chris Reeves captured popular electro-imagination with his 2003 release, Remedial. Since then he’s been relatively low profile compared to some his Planet Mu buddies but his new Love Collection (with suitably romantic sleeve), should rattle more than a few robots.
First track White, and one of the strongest here, kicks things off with an almost danceable pace and plenty of strings and other Aphex-like hisses. This sound is later mirrored on Cubicle, but for
- DJ Diamond - Flight Muzik
- Machinedrum - Room(s)
- Pritch & Trim - Stereotype
- Tropics - Parodia Flare
- Anti-G - Presents 'Kentje'sz Beatsz'
- Various - Ghettoteknitianz E.P.
- Kuedo - Severant
- Chrissy Murderbot - Women's Studies
- Boxcutter - The Dissolve
- NastyNasty - No Names
- FaltyDL - You Stand Uncertain
- Chrissy Murderbot - Bussin Down
- Boxcutter - Allele
- Various - Bangs & Works Vol.1
- DJ Roc - The Crack Capone
- Solar Bears - She Was Coloured In
- Various - 14 Tracks From Planet Mu
- DJ Spinn - Man I Do It EP
- DJ Rashad - Itz Not Rite
- Numan - Race Against Time
- Ital Tek - Midnight Colour
- DJ Nate - Da Trak Genious
- Tropics - Soft Vision E.P.
- Mrs Jynx - Shark Carousel