Weren't there several planet mu records before Jega's Type Xero?
Originally asked by Mike P on Jan 7, 2010 and asked 6395 times since.
Planet Mu was originally conceived in 1995 as an "imprint" on Virgin Records (aka Hut Recordings in UK or Astralwerks in US) on which to release µ-Ziq and then possibly in the future, other artists as well. And lo, in 1997, the "Mealtime" compilation by various artists was released on Planet Mu/Hut Recordings (aka Virgin Records) featuring Jega, AFX, Elton Fastbrook & etc. to much critical acclaim, but it didn't really cut it for the Virgin paymasters who weren't really used to distributing those sorts of artists (i.e. not the Spice Girls) worldwide and didn't how to know market it, let alone sell it. Which is why it's quite hard to find these days. Anyway:
This prompted Mike Paradinas to set up Planet Mu independently of Virgin in 1998, independently distributed through those fine people at SRD. The first independent release was (in June '98) Jega's Type Xero EP (ziq001), the rest is history. To clarify: all independent Planet Mu releases have ZIQ catalogue numbers.
- How do I send planet mu my demo?
- How big is the label?
- Can I use the Planet Mu logo on my flyer to help promote my mu-related event?
- Can you give me some advice/criticism on my music?
- Where do I buy Planet Mu mp3s, records and cds?
- Who distributes Planet Mu?
- How do I book a Planet Mu artist for a live performance or DJ set?
- Weren't there several planet mu records before Jega's Type Xero?
- How do I add a Live gig listing to your site?
- Do you have a Planet Mu biography?
- I am buying from abroad (non U.K) are the prices still in GBP £ sterling and will I get charged V.A.T?
- Do the tracks contain Digital Rights Management (DRM)?
- I have downloaded the track I purchased 3 times but accidentally deleted it, can you send me another link?
- What quality of MP3s are you selling?
- Can I return a product?
- What were the missing catalog numbers, such as ZIQ182, meant for?
- if i buy a vinyl lp can i download the mp3s?
- I have ordered MP3s and WAVs off your site but have not been sent a download link.
- Which releases have exclusive bonus tracks on their digital version?
- Who do I contact if I have a shop problem or an issue with my order?
- Are the samples of the music in the player the same quality as those I will be buying?
- Why are some releases not available as individual tracks?
- How long will my downloads remain in the 'My Downloads' area.
- I can't seem to get your player to work or listen to any samples of tunes?