Do you have a Planet Mu biography?
Originally asked by Mike P on Jan 28, 2010 and asked 4230 times since.
Planet Mu is an electronic music record label run by Mike Paradinas (also known as µ-Ziq) based in Great Britain. From 1995 until 1997 the label was a subsidiary imprint of Virgin Records, releasing µ-Ziq's own records and the "Mealtime" compilation. In 1998 Mike Paradinas took the label independent, distributed through SRD.
The label started releasing music by like-minded experimental electronic musicians, it’s earliest successes in this field being Mike himself, Jega, Capitol K, Hellfish & Producer and Luke Vibert. Since the early 2000’s the label has also tracked and reflected Mike’s love of British dance music, releasing one of the first Dubstep albums, Vex'd’s "Degenerate" and one of the first Grime artist albums, Virus Syndicate’s "Work Related Illness" both in 2005, as well as many 12" singles by the likes of Benga, Distance, Boxcutter, Pinch and more. In 2003 Planet Mu released the first of it’s reissues of peerless British dance producers in Remarc’s two retrospective albums; these have been followed by the acclaimed retrospectives of Terror Danjah and Bizzy B. In 2006 Mary Anne Hobbs curated the peerless "Warrior Dubz", the first of three very successful compilations with the label. Planet Mu has followed this many-forked path to this day, in 2009, releasing cutting edge music by Floating Points, Brackles, Gemmy and Falty DL among others and 2010 will be no exception, showing some incredible releases from the likes of Starkey, Raffertie, Slugabed, 0=0 and Rudi Zygadlo.
- How do I send planet mu my demo?
- How big is the label?
- Can I use the Planet Mu logo on my flyer to help promote my mu-related event?
- Can you give me some advice/criticism on my music?
- Where do I buy Planet Mu mp3s, records and cds?
- Who distributes Planet Mu?
- How do I book a Planet Mu artist for a live performance or DJ set?
- Weren't there several planet mu records before Jega's Type Xero?
- How do I add a Live gig listing to your site?
- Do you have a Planet Mu biography?
- I am buying from abroad (non U.K) are the prices still in GBP £ sterling and will I get charged V.A.T?
- Do the tracks contain Digital Rights Management (DRM)?
- I have downloaded the track I purchased 3 times but accidentally deleted it, can you send me another link?
- What quality of MP3s are you selling?
- Can I return a product?
- if i buy a vinyl lp can i download the mp3s?
- What were the missing catalog numbers, such as ZIQ182, meant for?
- I have ordered MP3s and WAVs off your site but have not been sent a download link.
- Which releases have exclusive bonus tracks on their digital version?
- Are the samples of the music in the player the same quality as those I will be buying?
- Who do I contact if I have a shop problem or an issue with my order?
- Why are some releases not available as individual tracks?
- How long will my downloads remain in the 'My Downloads' area.
- I can't seem to get your player to work or listen to any samples of tunes?